Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

BAD exeperince with WILCOX

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:24 AM
lucky1357
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 44 Posts

Default BAD exeperince with WILCOX

Buyer beware. I ordered a so called Deluxe front end rebuild kit for my 68 from Wilcox after I was assured that this kit was 100 % U.S made.Turns out it's ALL imported junk .Was sent to me from a totally different vendor and was missing parts. Called looking for help and got nowhere. Yes I am pissed at them and rightfully so.Just don't want others to experience this
Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Willcox has a good reputation as a vendor. If you work with them, they will resolve your issue.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:42 AM
lucky1357
Racer

I tried to resolve it. Was willing to send kit back minus the bushings that were already installed and was told I'd have to pay the shipping and that I wanted to send them back half a kit. Sure I was pissed off and used a few choice words but I was trying to reel myself back in and approach it with a level head. Got disconnected and when I called back and I could tell by the tone of voice on other end when I said it was me calling back was terrible and I just said I'm done with you people.So..it is what it is....I'll eat the kit and order elsewhere.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:52 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I have to be honest with you, this makes no sense to me at all. I have been dealing with the team at Willcox for a great number of years and if anything they have bent over backwards to help me when I found items that either were short parts, or didn't fit. There is an area in the forum for disputes that you should use and allow the Willcox team a chance to see what can be done. Over time you will see that parts are coming from certain suppliers and Willcox and some others are not holding the inventory so they don't have items on the shelf they can pull and correct the situation quickly. This has happened to me from many of the suppliers, not just Willcox. With the advent of the internet and elimination of brick and mortar shopping has made us all have to tread carefully with online purchases from all suppliers.
Good luck with your resolution and sorry to hear you didn't get your issues resolved.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 AM
lucky1357
Racer

im not looking to get into a debate over this. maybe most have had good experiences...mine just wasn't and I did email them and have no response back yet.im not asking for help in resolving issue here on forum...just wanted to put my experience out there..ty
Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 AM
lucky1357
Racer

maybe this was wrong place to post this...remove thread please...my bad
Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

I don’t think you are going to ge at lot of support here on this forum by tarnishing Wilcox reputation. Sure they all have hiccups and some issues but by far Wilcox does more for forum members here than most do. Give him a decent chance to resolve the problem.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 AM
lucky1357
Racer

wasnt looking for support....like i said just wanted others to know of my experience...i have better things to do than bash anyone for no reason .as i said...my bad in posting here
Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 AM
lucky1357
Racer

its just a buyer beware...didn't get what I was led to believe I was purchasing
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

I'm confused about how you received Willcox labeled parts from a "totally different vendor".??? Please clarify how you came by these parts and from which vendor they were received.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:53 AM
lucky1357
Racer

ordered from Wilcox...came from Volunteer
Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

This is why i buy from my local corvette shop if it is junk they will take it back.Also these Corvette only shops know there parts and will tell you if you want low bid visit the China website.All i can say is ask before you buy and if they send crap out expose them on this Forum!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 AM
lucky1357
Racer

i wasnt seeking low priced...paid more to get quality...got junk
Old 05-14-2019, 10:29 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I'm not going to defend Wilcox, because I've never had any dealings with them, but it's not uncommon for vendors to drop ship parts from another vendor. To start with, it's not possible to stock everything. Some parts just don't sell well enough to justify tying up cash in stocking them. Sometimes things can be out of stock, in which case it's better to drop ship it, then to delay it getting to a customer by having it shipped to the store, and then shipping it back out.

I'm a Volunteer Vette wholesale customer, and I'm quite familiar with their front end rebuild kits. Volunteer's kits are the only all US made kits that I'm aware of. Volunteer makes some of the best reproduction parts available, and I'm surprised to hear you had an issue with something they make. Did you try reaching out to Volunteer? I know both Brian, and the owner Adam, are usually pretty good about resolving issues. You didn't buy it from Volunteer, but if you have an issue with missing parts or the quality of something they make, I'm sure they'd want to talk to you.

The pages below are from Volunteer's current wholesale catalog showing the Deluxe kit, and clearly stating that their kits are US made.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:54 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by lucky1357
I tried to resolve it. Was willing to send kit back minus the bushings that were already installed and was told I'd have to pay the shipping and that I wanted to send them back half a kit. Sure I was pissed off and used a few choice words but I was trying to reel myself back in and approach it with a level head. Got disconnected and when I called back and I could tell by the tone of voice on other end when I said it was me calling back was terrible and I just said I'm done with you people.So..it is what it is....I'll eat the kit and order elsewhere.
"Used a few choice words"
You lost any credibility right there.
Ernie and his people are humans also.
My father had an expression for people like you....a tsp of sugar will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
Paying shipping charges to return is industry standard but are often waived for a "good" customer.
I just got a forged crankshaft kit from Skip White. Supposed to have HP King bearings included. Shipping dept sent bottom line bearings. Emailed my displeasure Friday night. Monday morning got email apologizing for mistake. Correct bearings on their way along with postpaid label to send wrong ones back.
No choice words...great customer service.
Btw...Wilcox was my very first Corvette vendor over 15yrs ago. Great people.
To OP.....give them another chance to make it right.
Ernie often posts here and often has people contact him directly

Good luck
Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Tiger Joe
Drifting

Received 517 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
I'm confused about how you received Willcox labeled parts from a "totally different vendor".??? Please clarify how you came by these parts and from which vendor they were received.

The majority of the stuff I have purchased from WIllcox has come in corvette america boxes. Seems the majority of their stuff is drop shipped from various vendors. not knocking it, just saying what it is
Old 05-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Al.
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I'm not going to defend Wilcox, because I've never had any dealings with them, but it's not uncommon for vendors to drop ship parts from another vendor. To start with, it's not possible to stock everything. Some parts just don't sell well enough to justify tying up cash in stocking them. Sometimes things can be out of stock, in which case it's better to drop ship it, then to delay it getting to a customer by having it shipped to the store, and then shipping it back out.

I'm a Volunteer Vette wholesale customer, and I'm quite familiar with their front end rebuild kits. Volunteer's kits are the only all US made kits that I'm aware of. Volunteer makes some of the best reproduction parts available, and I'm surprised to hear you had an issue with something they make. Did you try reaching out to Volunteer? I know both Brian, and the owner Adam, are usually pretty good about resolving issues. You didn't buy it from Volunteer, but if you have an issue with missing parts or the quality of something they make, I'm sure they'd want to talk to you.

The pages below are from Volunteer's current wholesale catalog showing the Deluxe kit, and clearly stating that their kits are US made.

I’ve ordered over $18,000 in parts from Volunteer Vette over the last 5 1/2 months.
All has been smooth working with then and Ivhave gotten quality parts.
They are very knowable and sell both imported replacement parts and quality official GM reproduction parts

Last edited by Al.; 05-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To BAD exeperince with WILCOX

Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by gbvette62

Now you have me interested. If the kit from Volunteer is all USA made, and the OP says they got junk with Volunteers name on it then what is really taking place here?
I have never worked directly with Volunteer but the OP was complaining about Willcox Customer Service I think, and now we have two suppliers on the hot seat.
If Volunteer is the only vendor selling USA made product and it is junk then we all have reason to be concerned, but I doubt it is the only source of USA made products for rebuilding your front end.
Intriguing situation though.
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 05-14-2019, 03:27 PM
lucky1357
Racer

wow..after seeing the post with volunteers ad gets even deeper now. i did talk to Adam at Volunteer and he was trying to help . Im not sure what i ended up with but in know it wasn't USA made as advertised or as i specified i wanted on initial order.Maybe nobody even notices what they get shipped to them .In my case my mechanic is from the old school and knows these parts and whats good and what isnt. Seems we are gonna just toss these parts and move forward with individual parts from local sources.Just sad to throw this amount away but...junk is junk
Old 05-14-2019, 03:34 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

Post pics of suspected parts and boxes.
like someone else mentioned he may not have some parts in stock so wilcox delivers to your house directly from vendors.

Quick Reply: BAD exeperince with WILCOX