Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware GM Financial and MacMulkin

Old 05-24-2019, 06:03 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,139 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBoone@FHDaileyChevrolet
Did you have the other guy pay off your loan under your name? He should have paid them off directly and filled out a titling instructions form. The title should never go to you. Here is an example, we take trade ins all the time and we pay off GM Financial weekly. When we pay off the car, we send in a title instructions form and the title gets sent to us and not to the customer that traded the car in. Same thing applies even if it is a car we just purchased from a customer.

His bank paid them off directly. If what you propose was an option, I would assume his bank would have known that. I certainly didn't. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:07 PM
ALEXAMES
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

Pay an attorney to send them a letter via certified mail? Sorry to hear it man, that sucks.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:10 PM
0Corvettes@FHDaileyChevrolet
Former Vendor

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
His bank paid them off directly. If what you propose was an option, I would assume his bank would have known that. I certainly didn't. Thanks for the info.
Got it. They should have filled out a titling instructions form for GM Financial. I'm sure this will get resolved though. GM Financial can be a little slow sometimes, but they always take care of things.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:16 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, Tim. They seem pretty limited with the info when you first speak with them, but when I start pushing for more specific answers and their course of action, they put me on hold and come back with another trickle of information. I've gotten way more info from the Nevada DMV. PDP was useless as well.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:08 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Bought my '19 GS through MacMulklin and I did all the DMV paperwork myself (as I was transferring plates from my old C7 onto the new one).

Within 2 days of sending them final payment, I had a New Hamphire temp plate, the GM Certificate of Origin and all other paperwork in hand. Easy peasy
Old 05-24-2019, 07:43 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
I sold my 2017 GS over two months ago. The buyer paid the loan in full and the title was released by GM Financial on March 26, but I received no title. GM Financial is blaming MacMulkin because the original title needed some corrections that were apparently were never made during the two year period I owned the car. GM also has a title company called PDP that handles the actual title.

At this point, GM Financial is happy to sit and wait for the dealership to send the corrected info to the Nevada DMV so a title can be issued. They said they spoke with a guy named "Bob" at the dealership (seriously...they didn't have a last name) who said the info was sent. I contacted the Nevada DMV and they have never received anything. I contacted MacMulkin and they have yet to return my call.

So now I'm stuck in the middle trying to get a title to sign over to the new owner so he can register this car and neither GM Financial or MacMulkin gives a ****. Great companies when you go to buy a car....after the fact they suck.
This is the first the Corvette team has heard of this particular situation. We will get with our office on Tuesday and get to the bottom of this.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:28 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
This is the first the Corvette team has heard of this particular situation. We will get with our office on Tuesday and get to the bottom of this.
Maybe GM Financial is just throwing you guys under the bus, but they said they've been trying to get the "corrections" taken care of for two years. I was in the dark about it too until I sold the car. I appreciate your response, though.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:55 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,207 Likes on 13,924 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

MacMulkin has replied so hopefully something will get done to resolve the situation. If not, perhaps it is time to get a lawyer involved. Someone has to know specifically what is needed to get you your title.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:41 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
MacMulkin has replied so hopefully something will get done to resolve the situation. If not, perhaps it is time to get a lawyer involved. Someone has to know specifically what is needed to get you your title.

Search this Thread