Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

C1 Street Shop C4 chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Bruknow
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C1 Street Shop C4 chassis

I recently purchased a C1 chassis with a C4 suspension. I ordered the chassis and sent Street Shop the C4 suspension out of a 1990 car I purchased for parts. Tray rebuilt the suspension powered coated it and installed it I ordered it with SS brake and fuel lines C6 brake adapters and rack. I have to say it is one of the nicest looking chassis I have ever seen the welds are excellent and the body fit perfectly. Tray is very busy he is a hands on guy. I visited his shop before I ordered the chassis and I picked it up when he finished it. I read some of the post on street Shop’s chassis looked at all the pictures posted about his chassis before I visited the shop. After visiting the shop, and seeing what they are working with ,and how well the shop is kept. The decision was not hard. Street Shop chassis is a work of art and I think it’s worth the money to have them rebuild your suspension and install it you will have to make adjustments once all the weight is on the chassis. I’m just starting this complete rebuild and I’m looking forward to it !
Old 06-20-2019, 11:49 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

LOL. What a joke! Tray is the biggest self centered a-hole ive ever met and his chassis flexes like crazy. If you think that is a nice chassis, you have no clue what you are talking about. Go visit Roadster Shop, SRIII, and Art Morrison and then report back.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:55 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Moved to Transaction Feedback.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:07 AM
Bruknow
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 65silververt
LOL. What a joke! Tray is the biggest self centered a-hole ive ever met and his chassis flexes like crazy. If you think that is a nice chassis, you have no clue what you are talking about. Go visit Roadster Shop, SRIII, and Art Morrison and then report back.
I looked at all of those builders and they all make a fine chassis. I was just stating that I had no problems fitting the body on the chassis. When using the proper body mount bushings my 1960 body fit perfectly after the minor trimming that is expected. Street Shop uses a C2 body mount bushing kit which is an upgrade from the original (that is why the body mounts are lower than the original) I had no problems with the sway bars or tie rod ends ether plenty of clearance. Street Shop offered what I was looking for they narrow the suspension of the C4 so I could use a dished wheel personal preference I think it looks better on that car. I haven’t put it engine and trans in yet because I will finish the body and fit all the panels before I even think about purchasing the power train, fiberglass is flexible and I purchased the chassis to finish the body on the chassis it would be resting on. I custom built a body dolly that can be adjusted to any chassis so I could adjust the body dolly to the Street Shop
chassis and finish the body off of the chassis. The joke is you thinking you know my experience or background it’s obvious you had a problem with Tray but that is no reason for your comment about me. I’ve had no problem with Tray he doesn’t answer the phone but I had no problem with him answering my emails or calling me when I ask him to even after the delivery of my chassis.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 PM
DropTopBigBlock
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt

I have to disagree. I've known and done business with Tray for over ten years (including having him build a C7-based chassis for my '72) and he's been nothing but kind to me.

I'm familiar with the other chassis options you listed (as well as the bolt-ons), and while I'm not going to criticize any of them, Street Shop does not suffer by comparison with them.

Get notified of new replies

To C1 Street Shop C4 chassis

Quick Reply: C1 Street Shop C4 chassis