Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Old 12-25-2004, 12:46 PM
MadDawg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Christmas mess. I know both you and your parents were upset when your Christmas present did not arrive. I'd give MTI a chance to make things right. I've dealt with them for a while now and continue to be impressed by their products, the quality of their work and the honesty/integrity of everyone I have dealt with there. Best wishes for a prompt and satisfactory resolution of your X-pipe order.

Merry Christmas to Everyone.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:50 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

This just seems to be "the norm" when it comes to ordering anything for our cars. The best experience I had was with Redline Goods (leather boot covers) ... got me my stuff in 5 days (from Poland even) instead of 6-10 as stated.

When you pay for something, you should get in a reasonable amount of time. No one likes to wait for anything, especially if they've already paid for it, but then again ... this isn't fast food we're ordering.

I just ordered Billet chrome AC ***** and shift **** from another vender on the 16th and I gotta say ... deep breath ... back ordered! Agghh! No told me for over a week.

I think MTI is doing right be at least communicating with your parents. Bummer you didn't get your stuff, but again, you have to expect this kind of stuff from most vendors. I say you give 'em a little more time. If their supplier is backed up, there is nothing they can do about it. Sucks though. Sorry for the rant. But cheer up, it's X-Mas ... you drive a Vette & hopefully you're all healthy!

Last edited by MyVetteDream; 12-25-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Fleet1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by creighton
Hi,
I just wanted to post this to warn anyone thinking about going with MTI parts in the future. They have royally screwed up my parents Chrismas plans this holiday season!!!!!

My parents ordered the Kook's off road x for me for Christmas. They originally ordered December the 5th online. December the 7th my parents checked their billing statement and realized they had not only been charged the $357 for the x pipe, but another charge from MTI for $420. My parents called and talked to David who sent them through the finace guy and got that straightened out. The x pipe is supposed to be shipping the next week. They call on the 16th to see where the x pipe is, David and Steve tell them the x pipe wont be ready in time for Christmas. They tell them this in not acceptable that the pipe was ordered on the 5th of Dec. so MTI agrees to get the x to them by Christmas. They tell them the pipe will be finished Friday the 17th and shipped on Monday the 20th and my parents will recieve it on Wednesday the 22nd. My parents call on Wednesday when nothing arrives from MTI, David and Steve once again tell them they will contact Kook's have the x drop shipped from Kook's and it will arrive at their house on Friday the 24th. Well, guess what, it's December 25th and I have no x pipe.

I was seriously considering the heads/cam package they are advertising this season for $2000. Until this unfortunate event of course. I highly doubt I'll ever buy a product from this poor excuse for a company. I guess it proves there are only a few vendors on this board that are 1)honest with their paying customers 2)reliable and 3)hold outstanding customer service reputations. By the way, MTI does not appear in any way shape or form to qualify for any one of these 3 points.

Creighton Trull
Just wondering how this event ( royally screwed up your parents Christmas and holiday plans) surely the delivery of a x pipe is not the only thing you and your parents are celebrating? Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Snake11eyeS
If they say it's going to be there on a certain day it should be there.
even if a major snow storm brings half the country to a halt..
Old 12-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

From my understanding is that they cannot charge a credit card until the item is shipped.

Plus they were give plenty of time to get the item to the customer based on the info that was provided
Old 12-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Sorry Guy
Old 12-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Sorry to hear about this...but I don't think MTI is intentionally trying to screw you,,it sounds like a problem of logistics between MTI and Kooks..also as you probably already know,,shipping around the Holidays can get complicated because of so much increase volume..I'm not trying to make excuses for them..but this is the first negative thread I have read about MTI.
MTI doesnt make x-pipes so they too are at the mercy of their distributor. You shouldnt bash a tuner when they have no control from a 3rd party vendor.

and to top it off your complaining about getting things in time during a xmas holiday? Then this should have been ordered in Nov to avoid the expected delay!

MTI has top quality customer service and I speak from experience!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:32 PM
DC-STRO
Race Director

Location: After reading this thread, I gotta tell ya... you're an ass. .
Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Zilla
From my understanding is that they cannot charge a credit card until the item is shipped.

Plus they were give plenty of time to get the item to the customer based on the info that was provided
I order lots of stuff on line.
First I get a conformation for my order.
Second I get Your account has been billed statement, with Shipping Info. with tracking #.

However like Grumpy said major snow storm could have been a factor, providing the X pipe had been shipped.

Don't be to quick to slam a vendor unless you are sure they SCREWED YOU.

Good Luck
Old 12-25-2004, 01:35 PM
JOHNNY P.
Drifting

Location: IF YOUR BIG DOLLAR PROJECT DOESN'T RUN 9'S OR BETTER ....BURN IT ! SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GRAB A LANE ! CHICAGO IL. -------- HOME OF THE FASTEST STREETCARS BARNONE !
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by creighton
Hi,
I highly doubt I'll ever buy a product from this poor excuse for a company.
Creighton Trull
You must have a Screw missing !
Old 12-25-2004, 01:52 PM
hbrumfield
Instructor

I could understand if you had a motor built and installed by MTI and 2 blocks from their shop it blew up and fell out of the bottom of your car. Then after dragging it back to their shop, they failed to replace it or give you your money back. I would consider that to be "ripping you off". But not to deliver something on time, that is a lack of communication on either MTI or Kooks part. I would get the whole story before ripping on MTI. I am not saying this is the case, but have you considered the possibility that MTI may have been relaying the information they were receiving from Kooks?
Old 12-25-2004, 01:53 PM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

First of all, if they did promise you a delivery date, then it should of been there that day, or the next day! They should of not promised you a delivery date if they did not know the status of whether or not Kooks had the X-pipe on hand. If this is true of what you have said,then I also would be pissed off. I am having some problems with a wheel vendor on this forum with shipping, and recieving damaged wheels! Needless to say, you would think somebody who is a vendor on a big forum like this would have good customer service on issues like this. I guess that will be my last dealings with them. Goodluck on resolving your issue.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:08 PM
97C5ENVY
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand your frastration, but just because you haven't got a part in the specified time doesn't mean the company "Ripped your off". There's a lot of factors that are at play here this time of year....like: shipping companies being VERY busy, manufacturers having reduced workforce or closed all together, weather, raw material shortage, etc, etc. So just give it a few more days....even a week, and if still no part then just cancel the order and buy elsewhere.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Noggles
Team Owner

Location: Adventure, excitement ... a Jedi craves not these things.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by PaceThis
MTI is as good as you're going to get for a vendor. If they couldn't get it to you, it's quite likely that Kooks didn't have them available.

I agree.

Calm down and deal with the situation reasonably. MTI is a very-well respected Forum vendor.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:14 PM
blazeone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks that you didn't get your part when you thought you would. I would call Kooks and check with them since they are supposed to drop ship the x-pipe. As mentioned earlier MTI closes for the holidays and opens after the 1st.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Cocked and Locked
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by XCELER8

MTI has been in business for 10+ years. There is a reason they have been in business that long. Sometime vendors order stuff from the manufactures and they fall through. I understand you gave them time but when you mod you car you have to expect it, and when it comes sooner that makes you happier. My car has been at MTI Since Late Sept. getting completly rebuilt from the bottom up and was supposed to be ready the first of this month. I still dont have it but they are almost done. I might even miss the Spike TV show called AutoRox that my car was invited to over it. But, that is part of the game. MTI told me they will not take away quality for time pressures. David will make it right just give them a chance. They are out of town for 10 days just so you know, if you call they wont be there.
Merry Xmas.
Jon
That's His folks were repeatedly lied to as far as when to expect the delivery. This is the whole issue here.

Last edited by Cocked and Locked; 12-25-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:35 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy
even if a major snow storm brings half the country to a halt..

May have nothing to do with this situation, but I know for a fact that most of Fedex's major hubs, Indy, Memphis, Ft. Worth, and Newark, were screwed up by the weather. Pilots are flying sixteen hour days (FAA maximums), and couriers will be working on X-mas day in some places to help get those packages there. Hang in there, folks. If it's on Fedex, it's coming.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:40 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
May have nothing to do with this situation, but I know for a fact that most of Fedex's major hubs, Indy, Memphis, Ft. Worth, and Newark, were screwed up by the weather. Pilots are flying sixteen hour days (FAA maximums), and couriers will be working on X-mas day in some places to help get those packages there. Hang in there, folks. If it's on Fedex, it's coming.

I think thats exactly what happened. Today is Christmas day and I just recieved a package from the US postal service about 2 hrs ago which was supposed to be "overnight" mail, sent Dec 22.

Get notified of new replies

To ***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Old 12-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Bill Vett
Safety Car

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm not privy to all your/ parents communications with MTI, but this thread should be locked until you speak to MTI and get ALL the facts. It's a disappointment to not receive something that you expect in a timely manor but, this discussion should have been done first in private, then to the forum. If needed.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't care how long a company has been in business or how many people have had good dealings with them...

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT CHARGES YOUR CARD BEFORE THE PARTS ARE SHIPPED!!!!!!

Jay
Old 12-25-2004, 04:21 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of complaining about MTI, just get back at them by cancelling your order. This will get the message to them fairly well. I'd be pretty pissed at Kooks too and would probably switch to Dynatechs or LG's after this screwup.

Don't whine, take action.

Search this Thread