Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 04:37 PM
~SPEEDY~
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake11eyeS
If they say it's going to be there on a certain day it should be there.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

I can understand you and your parents being disappointed, but, sometimes things happen that are out of a vendors control. I would think with their reputation, that they would do everything possible to get the product to their customer as discussed, especially at Christmas but, as stated above, they may have been unintentionally misinformed by Kooks.

Your post is clearly emotionally written since your Christmas gift failed to arrive (which is understandable), and this can hinder taking the proper action. This to me would be to contact MTI on Monday and tell them how disappointed you'll were. Let them know that you are reconsidering any future purchases, and see what they say.

The Forum allows members to post their concerns/disappointments with a vendor, but, we ask that they discuss it offline with the vendor first. In this case, they allegedly made promises that didn't pan out, but again, it would be hard to believe that any reputable vendor would want to mislead or disappoint their customer.

I will let this post remain open (as long as it doesn't become a feeding frenzy), which will allow MTI the opportunity to respond if they choose to.

Sorry for your disappointment, but, sometimes these things happen and we have to accept it

Hopefully, time with your family helped overcome this issue
Old 12-25-2004, 05:28 PM
luckyone928
Melting Slicks

to keep companies honest(im not saying mti is dishonest, its just a blanket policy) you have recourse through your credit card company, just give them a call and intitute the chargeback procedure. you can get your money back but moreover mti processor will hit htem with a chargeback, its costs them in more ways than $$$ as to many of these puts thier merchant accout in jeopardy and without that no one can operate today!! i represent v/mc and if you or anyone else here needs more info just e-mail me--- good luck----mike
Old 12-25-2004, 05:57 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Chargebacks? Why try to hurt a company that may be an honest mistake by MTI or by Kooks. This may suck and inconv. you in some way but its not life or death. Give them a chance to respond once they are back. David wont post on here cause he is out of town.

So, call MTI when they get back and let us know how it turns out. Again, MTI WILL BE OUT OF THE OFICE THE NEXT 10 DAYS!
So, you will not get a response. So dont freak out.
Jon
Old 12-25-2004, 05:59 PM
CarsRFun
Drifting

Old 12-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Just wondering how this event ( royally screwed up your parents Christmas and holiday plans) surely the delivery of a x pipe is not the only thing you and your parents are celebrating?

Having a temper tantrum will not help the situation.

I would of followed up on the order well before the week of Christmas. Things get delayed just because of the holidays - and add the major storm that just went through.

You really need to talk to MTI before going any further. And yes; let us know exactly what they said (word for word if possible). I'd like to know myself.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:09 PM
CarsRFun
Drifting

I can see how this would have an affect on holiday plans, what if they were going to have the stuff installed for him and wanted it done by a certain date so he could actually enjoy what he got before lets say 2005...2006.......

Last edited by CarsRFun; 12-25-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:23 PM
w8d4it
Pro

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Your disapointment is more than understandable. And your post is understandable is as well. But I think its only reasonable to give MTI the same chance to respond in public. If they are the vendor they supposed to be they will make it up to you. And if they are not then this is the public forum for them to be "outed"

Lets see MTI's response once they are back at work.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:40 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by 14U2ENV
What would **** me off is the fact that they charged the credit card before the parts shipped!!!
True...usually this will only happen if the parts are to be dropped shipped on the original transaction...
...when they say they may not be able to make it by Christmas...
...I would prepare for the worst...

The fact that you dont think this is acceptable doesnt make the impossible happen...

so in the grand scheme of things...how is this so devastating...

MTI is a reputable company who may have attempted to accomplish something beyond their means to control events...
It would sound like they were at the mercy of the manufacturer...

...why blame MTI for what they dont have control...
Sounds to me like MTI tried everything they could to please you...
...and you dont appreciate that.

Instead of not doing business with MTI...
...why not boycott Kooks for not delivering...?

Incidentally...Ecklers sold a product to me that was to be shipped in August...I was charged because it was a drop ship...
...I cant blame Ecklers because I know the manufacturer keeps handing out ETA's that are not met...

Oh I said all of this so that you dont miss out of enjoying a perfectly good relationship when they do other work for you that is completely within their control...

peace and merry christmas...
Stu
Old 12-25-2004, 06:49 PM
creighton
Burning Brakes

I hope MTI does respond publicly. That is the entire reason I posted in this forum. This problem did not ruin my Christmas, as time spent with my family is more than enough of a present for me, however when my parents feel like they have let me down because something they had planned on giving me didn't arrive on time after being promised it would, it puts a slight damper on things.

If you think MTI is still a great company because you have bought products from them and had no problems fine. I'm not trying to make you jump ship. I am rather new to the corvette platform so I searched well before requesting this present from my parents for the right vendor to direct them towards. Apparently I have selected the wrong one. I simply want to steer others clear of this fiasco if they are in the same boat as I was when ordering.

Talking to MTI has resolved little if anything. They have been contacted by my parents at least 3 times throught this month. This is more than enough!!! Also, to those who keep posting MTI is out for the next ten days, why would they not inform customers with problems such as these that they will be gone 10 days following the Christmas holiday??? Does this mean my x might not show up for 2 more weeks??? Great!!!

Thanks to the mods for not locking this post. I really am not trying to hijack or cause any problems. I enjoy this board too much to risk being taken off. Thanks to everyone and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:20 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Mti

MTI is a great company. Never had any problems. Jayson has always been 1st class. I think everyone agrees.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:31 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

What would **** me off is the fact that they charged the credit card before the parts shipped!!!
no doubt, since they charged him TWICE!!
Old 12-25-2004, 07:39 PM
3318C5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 12-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

Old 12-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered several dvd's as stocking stuffers from Circuit City 10 days ago with the assurance of delivery before the holidays. Unfortunately they did not arrive, so I WILL not allow it to spoil the holidays, they lose my business plain and simple !

If they come in the next several days I will not initiate a chargeback and will send them out as thank you's to clients or something else. That said .... if they state a promise to deliver and dont, well then they breached a verbal/written contract. It does not matter if they use a 3rd party to manufacturer, distribute, or mail.

I believe the same thing applies to this , though the product is different. Snow storms and other issues may apply, but it is the vendors responsibility to account for that, not the clients !! Dont make promises you cannot keep, and always over-estimate delivery times.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:40 PM
EatRice
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

First...MTI has not posted their side of the story. Second it does not matter if Kooks did not come through or how good MTI's reputation is. According to the complainee....lies were told. He did not purchase from Kooks so Kooks is at no way responsible. MTI should have said there is a delay and they are not sure when the product will arrive. They should have said we will get you the product as fast as we can. Now once again until MTI steps up we only know half the story.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:37 PM
wicked 98z
Pro

It suxs you didn’t get it in time for x mas but sometimes shipping during the holidays suxs. I have been using DHl/Airborn for 3 years to do all my shipping at work and it never fails we loose something or something takes a extra week to get delivered. Hell Im still missing a couple of products i was expecting on the 20th. But the plains have been grounded and have no way to get them to me. I don’t think MTI is trying to screw you over. I have done business with them since 98 and I have never got the run around from them. Jason and wayne are stand up guys and will continue to get my business.

Get notified of new replies

To ***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Old 12-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry your parts didn't arrive on time. Hopefully MTI will provide a response and somehow make it up to you.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Jeffyvette
Drifting

Last spring I ordered Heads and Cam package, duel timing chain, push rods from MTI along with Kook's headers. I was a little mad when they charged my credit card and shipped 8 weeks later. Everything ran over time, and the timing chain was not with the rest of the order. The parts were worth the wait, Kooks was the cause for the headers running over and they overnighted the timing chain to me. All in all there was some aggervation but the parts were what they promiced and they did everything they could to help me. I would do business with them.
Jeffy'
Old 12-26-2004, 12:39 AM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 259 Likes on 76 Posts

Merry Christmas Y'all.....

This thread absolutely sucks.... I understand you didn't get your gift on time, and you should have, but chit happens. I wouldn't be too quick to jump donw MTI's throat because they have been offering a steal on their h/c packages... I got my chit on time, merry christmas christine (my vette)...LOL. H/C packages for $1,990 shipped is a damn steal and I payed and ordered my package 8 days ago... Comp cam dropped off my cam this passed wed. so i could make it to the shop on time!!!!

Don't post this **** until you can talk to them, they won't even be in to take your calls. Merry x-mas you negative bastard...... fxckin' punta (qouted ladimer).

Oh chit, teh danm fuor botles of vino and dat damn der botttler of jakc kkkkkkk DANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!