Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:07 AM
creighton
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Hi,
I just wanted to post this to warn anyone thinking about going with MTI parts in the future. They have royally screwed up my parents Chrismas plans this holiday season!!!!!

My parents ordered the Kook's off road x for me for Christmas. They originally ordered December the 5th online. December the 7th my parents checked their billing statement and realized they had not only been charged the $357 for the x pipe, but another charge from MTI for $420. My parents called and talked to David who sent them through the finace guy and got that straightened out. The x pipe is supposed to be shipping the next week. They call on the 16th to see where the x pipe is, David and Steve tell them the x pipe wont be ready in time for Christmas. They tell them this in not acceptable that the pipe was ordered on the 5th of Dec. so MTI agrees to get the x to them by Christmas. They tell them the pipe will be finished Friday the 17th and shipped on Monday the 20th and my parents will recieve it on Wednesday the 22nd. My parents call on Wednesday when nothing arrives from MTI, David and Steve once again tell them they will contact Kook's have the x drop shipped from Kook's and it will arrive at their house on Friday the 24th. Well, guess what, it's December 25th and I have no x pipe.

I was seriously considering the heads/cam package they are advertising this season for $2000. Until this unfortunate event of course. I highly doubt I'll ever buy a product from this poor excuse for a company. I guess it proves there are only a few vendors on this board that are 1)honest with their paying customers 2)reliable and 3)hold outstanding customer service reputations. By the way, MTI does not appear in any way shape or form to qualify for any one of these 3 points.

Creighton Trull
Old 12-25-2004, 11:12 AM
wireless
Team Owner

Photochop Terrorist

Do you have a tracking number? Ordering something like that is a setup for a disappointment anyway. When I ordered my Magnaflows and Bilsteins, the turnaround time was more than anticipated. The shocks had to come from Germany, and the catback was being manufactured.

Yeah, I was a bit let down by the delay, but that's how it goes. I don't consider that to be dishonesty or bad customer treatment.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:17 AM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Hummm, lets see how this plays out, I like MTI's stuff too. BUt.........
Old 12-25-2004, 11:17 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Sorry to hear about this...but I don't think MTI is intentionally trying to screw you,,it sounds like a problem of logistics between MTI and Kooks..also as you probably already know,,shipping around the Holidays can get complicated because of so much increase volume..I'm not trying to make excuses for them..but this is the first negative thread I have read about MTI.

It sounds like they were making an effort to get it fixed but just couldn't come though on it.

I hope the X pipe arrives soon...who knows maybe it will show up later today?? IF not, I bet it will show up first thing Monday morning.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Snake11eyeS
Racer

If they say it's going to be there on a certain day it should be there.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:23 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Snake11eyeS
Its better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:23 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MTI is a well-known company on the forum. Only negative I've ever heard was from a guy who was very unhappy with the power of their 7.0 Liter package (lotta $$$) so he went to LPE to get their TT.

Sorry your holiday plans were spoiled. If I was MTI and if there were anything I could do, I would find a way to make it up to ya being it spoiled you holiday. Good luck
Old 12-25-2004, 11:25 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Snakeeyes..

I WANT pics of your ex-girlfriend!
How about shooting me over a few?
THANKS!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:25 AM
VetteSiNz
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Sorry to hear about this...but I don't think MTI is intentionally trying to screw you,,it sounds like a problem of logistics between MTI and Kooks..also as you probably already know,,shipping around the Holidays can get complicated because of so much increase volume..I'm not trying to make excuses for them..but this is the first negative thread I have read about MTI.

It sounds like they were making an effort to get it fixed but just couldn't come though on it.

I hope the X pipe arrives soon...who knows maybe it will show up later today?? IF not, I bet it will show up first thing Monday morning.
True....but MTI should have track the order so they can tell their costumer when it should be deliver whether there's a delay or what. Too many promises (if there's one) is not acceptable. I'm not basing MTI but this is for all vendors out there. JMO
Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wireless
Do you have a tracking number? Ordering something like that is a setup for a disappointment anyway. When I ordered my Magnaflows and Bilsteins, the turnaround time was more than anticipated. The shocks had to come from Germany, and the catback was being manufactured.

Yeah, I was a bit let down by the delay, but that's how it goes. I don't consider that to be dishonesty or bad customer treatment.

MTI has been in business for 10+ years. There is a reason they have been in business that long. Sometime vendors order stuff from the manufactures and they fall through. I understand you gave them time but when you mod you car you have to expect it, and when it comes sooner that makes you happier. My car has been at MTI Since Late Sept. getting completly rebuilt from the bottom up and was supposed to be ready the first of this month. I still dont have it but they are almost done. I might even miss the Spike TV show called AutoRox that my car was invited to over it. But, that is part of the game. MTI told me they will not take away quality for time pressures. David will make it right just give them a chance. They are out of town for 10 days just so you know, if you call they wont be there.
Merry Xmas.
Jon
Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 AM
bpc4me
Pro

Originally Posted by Snake11eyeS
Old 12-25-2004, 11:29 AM
creighton
Burning Brakes

Guys I realize the holiday rush with shipping. However, when the pipe was oredered it was to be delivered well before Christmas. If it wasn't my parents would have bought somewhere else or something else. I see no way this is acceptable. I gave my parents MTI's number because I had never heard anything negative about them either. Very disappointed to say the least!!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:32 AM
14U2ENV
Melting Slicks

Location: Lino Lakes, MN _________________________ I Figured out how to do this!
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06

What would **** me off is the fact that they charged the credit card before the parts shipped!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:39 AM
creighton
Burning Brakes

Yeah it's much different when you pay on the 7th of December and don't have parts on December 25th I think you would be aggervated to say the least. This is much different then having a motor or car built. This is a part that is pretty popular.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:53 AM
SlideRulz
Burning Brakes

I think I'd been calling on Dec. 20th asking where my parts are!
Old 12-25-2004, 12:24 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by creighton
the 16th to see where the x pipe is, David and Steve tell them the x pipe wont be ready in time for Christmas.

Sounds like this should have been a good indication to not get their hopes up.

A few things to clear up...you are relating as a 3rd party. You didn't make this call personally, so you may not have heard the wording. Maybe it was more like "Yes, I understand, we'll try our best to get it there for Christmas. . ."

MTI is as good as you're going to get for a vendor. If they couldn't get it to you, it's quite likely that Kooks didn't have them available. As such, the best bet would have been to call someone on the 16th (when they warned you it wasn't going to happen) and see if anyone had them in stock.

A lot of people expect a lot at Christmas time, but it's not always possible. I agree that Dec. 5th should have been a reasonable order time to get them, but if Kooks was already backordered, there's not much MTI can do...
Old 12-25-2004, 12:28 PM
CSTYLEZ
Pro

These are some of the best people I have ever dealt with. Jon (Exceler8) has his car there getting work done to it, I purchased Jon's Magnacharger and David and the guys at MTI took everything off the car, boxed it up and shipped it to me. They forgot a couple of things in the initial shipment and overnighted it so it wouldent screw up my installers schedule. Now that is what I call SERVICE. They did not have to do none of this but did it for their customer, Jon. Like a said earlier an A+++ company.

Get notified of new replies

To ***MTI Ripped me off !!!!!!***

Old 12-25-2004, 12:30 PM
creighton
Burning Brakes

Actually MTI could have told my parents that Kook's was backordered and there was a high possiblity the parts would not make the scheduled delivery. Instead, they lied and said the parts would be dropped shipped, then overnighted and would arrive before Christmas. I have no reason to discredit my parents story. Also, why would MTI charge the credit card on the 7th of December if they knew the parts would not be available for over 3 weeks????

There is no way to defend this company's wrong doing. They screwed up and now they must own up to their actions. It would be a whole different ball game had they stated the parts will not be available before Christmas!!! End of story.

I don't care how good of a vendor they HAVE BEEN!!!! Now they are a discredited vendor in my eyes.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:35 PM
DAVS Y2K
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why a business will assure a customer that a product will arrive by a certain date when they can't be certain. To me that's
Why not simply say "we will get it to UPS, FedEx, etc. on XXX and it usually takes X to X days but we can't control this? At least then they have been truthful. I'd be pissed too if I was you.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:36 PM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08
Default Mti

I understand that you are pretty , But please understand that looks like Kooks screwed MTI as well. Unfortunally from what I can tell, this was a gift to you from your parents. I have done business with MTI and never had a problem, they have been in business for a long time. If your parents order the Kooks on the 5th. that really left 2 weeks to get them because the other week is shipping time. I would talk to Jason at MTI (Owner) and Im sure he will take care of you. They have many happy customers out there and even people shipping their cars from Hawaii and Canada to do Motors!