Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Good Sticky Tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Good Sticky Tire

I currently have michelin pilots on my vette, we're about to put a SC in it (looking around 475-490 rwhp is my best guess right now), and I don't know what tire to go with. It'll be a weekend car, mainly street driven, but I do get on it quite often and hate it when I don't get traction. I was looking at the Nitto 555R & their R2s. It won't be driven in the rain, snow, ice, blizzards, monsoons, or other crappy weather. I'm looking for a very good dry tire that WILL get traction when I get on it. I don't want to change the stock wheel size as I just got some new wheels. Any suggestions???
Old 12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Your profile indicates you have a C5 coupe, so that eliminates the 555R and R2s (AWA the new NT01), since they don't come in appropriate stock wheel sizes. I think the best you can hope for is sticky street tires, possibly Michelin PS2s.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:23 AM
cheemsaf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Your profile indicates you have a C5 coupe, so that eliminates the 555R and R2s (AWA the new NT01), since they don't come in appropriate stock wheel sizes. I think the best you can hope for is sticky street tires, possibly Michelin PS2s.
I just looked those up...seem like pretty good tires. The more I look into the different types of tires the more confused I become on what exactly I "need for my want". Ahh hell with it, I should just go get some Mickey T ET Streets, tub the back end, get 335s, upgrade the tranny...no, no, no, wait what am I saying...

Get notified of new replies

To A Good Sticky Tire

Quick Reply: A Good Sticky Tire