Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoBuffs presents the FORGESTAR wheels package!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

You guys are killin Joe here

Lets put it like this... The price could range from 1900.00 - 2500.00.
As with all custom made wheels, the price would depend on Size, Width, Finish and any custom work the customer may want done. These wheels are not stocked on a shelf in a warehouse, they are produced per the customers specs.

I hope this clears everything up for everyone and now maybe Joe can get a good nights sleep

John@autobuffs
Auto Buffs LLC.
2 Kerry Ct,; Suite E
Southampton, NJ 08088
OFFICE_609-859-0900
CELL_856-776-3079

www.autobuffs.net
Custom Painting & Airbrushing
Pinstriping
Custom Detailing
Car Audio
Mobile Electronics & Video
Remote Car Starters / Alarms

Authorized HRE / IFORGED Dealer
Authorized East Coast Supercharging Dealer
Authorized TireRack Dealer
Authorized Carravaggio Dealer
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JPM@AutoBuffs

These wheels are not stocked on a shelf in a warehouse, they are produced per the customers specs.
if these are in fact custom built then why was i told the 18/19 sizes were not available for the C6 yet, only the 19/20's?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 AM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by bosco 08
if these are in fact custom built then why was i told the 18/19 sizes were not available for the C6 yet, only the 19/20's?
You were told this because they arent available yet for C6.
19/20 are still custom built wheels ...no?

If you have questions/ concerns please shoot Joe or myself a PM and we will be happy to answer anything in depth.

Thanks for the Interest everyone

John@autobuffs
Auto Buffs LLC.
2 Kerry Ct,; Suite E
Southampton, NJ 08088
OFFICE_609-859-0900
CELL_856-776-3079

www.autobuffs.net
Custom Painting & Airbrushing
Pinstriping
Custom Detailing
Car Audio
Mobile Electronics & Video
Remote Car Starters / Alarms

Authorized HRE / IFORGED Dealer
Authorized East Coast Supercharging Dealer
Authorized TireRack Dealer
Authorized Carravaggio Dealer
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
johncbourg
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

All this grief, and you probably wont buy a set either way.

I don't understand why your giving these guys a hard time. There "custom" wheels:

Per the Dictionary (You know, the big book with words in it)

Check out #12, I have put the text in red for you.

---------------------------------------------

cus⋅tom  [kuhs-tuhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. a habitual practice; the usual way of acting in given circumstances.
2. habits or usages collectively; convention.
3. a practice so long established that it has the force of law.
4. such practices collectively.
5. Sociology. a group pattern of habitual activity usually transmitted from one generation to another.
6. toll; duty.
7. customs,
a. (used with a singular or plural verb) duties imposed by law on imported or, less commonly, exported goods.
b. (used with a singular verb) the government department that collects these duties.
c. (used with a singular verb) the section of an airport, station, etc., where baggage is checked for contraband and for goods subject to duty.
8. regular patronage of a particular shop, restaurant, etc.
9. the customers or patrons of a business firm, collectively.
10. the aggregate of customers.
11. (in medieval Europe) a customary tax, tribute, or service owed by peasants to their lord.
–adjective
12. made specially for individual customers: custom shoes.
13. dealing in things so made, or doing work to order: a custom tailor.
Use custom in a Sentence
Origin:
1150–1200; ME custume < AF; OF costume < VL *co(n)s(uē)tūmin-, r. L consuētūdin- (s. of consuētūdō), equiv. to consuēt(us) accustomed, ptp. of consuēscere (con- con- + suē- (akin to suus one's own) + -tus ptp. suffix) + -ūdin- n. suffix; cf. costume

Synonyms:
1, 2. Custom, habit, practice mean an established way of doing things. Custom, applied to a community or to an individual, implies a more or less permanent continuance of a social usage: It is the custom to give gifts at Christmas time. Habit, applied particularly to an individual, implies such repetition of the same action as to develop a natural, spontaneous, or rooted tendency or inclination to perform it: to make a habit of reading the newspapers. Practice applies to a set of fixed habits or an ordered procedure in conducting activities: It is his practice to verify all statements.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM
porschebreath
Racer

Originally Posted by johncbourg

I don't understand why your giving these guys a hard time. There "custom" wheels:

–noun
5. Sociology. a group pattern of habitual activity usually transmitted from one generation to another.
6. toll; duty.
7. customs,
a. (used with a singular or plural verb) duties imposed by law on imported or, less commonly, exported goods.
b. (used with a singular verb) the government department that collects these duties.
c. (used with a singular verb) the section of an airport, station, etc., where baggage is checked for contraband and for goods subject to duty.
11. (in medieval Europe) a customary tax, tribute, or service owed by peasants to their lord.
–adjective
Use custom in a Sentence
Origin:
1150–1200; ME custume < AF; OF costume < VL *co(n)s(uē)tūmin-, r. L consuētūdin- (s. of consuētūdō), equiv. to consuēt(us) accustomed, ptp. of consuēscere (con- con- + suē- (akin to suus one's own) + -tus ptp. suffix) + -ūdin- n. suffix; cf. costume

Synonyms:
1, 2. Custom, habit, practice mean an established way of doing things. Custom, applied to a community or to an individual, implies a more or less permanent continuance of a social usage: It is the custom to give gifts at Christmas time. Habit, applied particularly to an individual, implies such repetition of the same action as to develop a natural, spontaneous, or rooted tendency or inclination to perform it: to make a habit of reading the newspapers. Practice applies to a set of fixed habits or an ordered procedure in conducting activities: It is his practice to verify all statements.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Originally Posted by johncbourg

–noun
6. toll; duty.
7. customs,
–adjective
Use custom in a Sentence
Origin:

Synonyms:

i'm not giving anyone any grief i'm asking questions about a wheel purchase that is none of your business. if you were to quit being a jerk and put down your dictionary long enough to check www.forgestar.com you would see they make many different sizes/offsets.
commonsense tells me since the wheels have to be ordered in the first place that all you would have to do is order the correct size and offset instead of pushing the 19/20 that i'm not interested in.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
0Z06Joe@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize if you feel I was "pushing" a certain size on you. I wasn't at all. Unfortunately the manufacture decides what he/she wants to make. And right now IForged is only interested in producing these wheels in 19/20 for the C6's. Depending on how well they sell and the feedback they receive, they may cut them in more sizes. If you'd like I will keep you informed if/when this takes place. Thank you so much in advance for looking to us at AutoBuffs to help you with attaining a set of wheels for your Corvette

Joe

i'm not giving anyone any grief i'm asking questions about a wheel purchase that is none of your business. if you were to quit being a jerk and put down your dictionary long enough to check www.forgestar.com you would see they make many different sizes/offsets.
commonsense tells me since the wheels have to be ordered in the first place that all you would have to do is order the correct size and offset instead of pushing the 19/20 that i'm not interested in.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z06Joe@AutoBuffs
I apologize if you feel I was "pushing" a certain size on you. I wasn't at all. Unfortunately the manufacture decides what he/she wants to make. And right now IForged is only interested in producing these wheels in 19/20 for the C6's. Depending on how well they sell and the feedback they receive, they may cut them in more sizes. If you'd like I will keep you informed if/when this takes place. Thank you so much in advance for looking to us at AutoBuffs to help you with attaining a set of wheels for your Corvette

Joe
sorry for any misunderstanding and yes if they decide to offer stock sizes please feel free to pm me.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM
prochargedz
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

quick question, is that piano black on the vert porsche and matte black on the hard roof porsche

Last edited by prochargedz; 08-31-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
calvie018
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z06Joe@AutoBuffs

Joe
Quick question...is Forgestar made by iForged Wheels?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent
Old 08-25-2020, 03:46 PM
cdw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

i'm not a fan of the spoked stuff. rallys,cragars,keystones,some american racing,fentons. it's age related. thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: AutoBuffs presents the FORGESTAR wheels package!