Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports World Challenge wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
MCSSLT1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Motorsports World Challenge wheels

Any of you guys running the full polished LG Motorsports wheels? I know the 2 tone is more common.

The iconz and cray wheels i posted about aren't going to work for me. The chrome has to much bling. What i really want is polished.

I spoke with Anthony over at LG and he gave me a fair price on a set of full polished world challenge wheels. The catch is that the wheels are clear coated. He does offer a service to have the clear removed and the wheels polished to a mirror shine though. The cost is $850 more. That's over $200 more poor wheel.

I would like to know how many guys have the polished wheels with clear coat and if anyone spent the extra to get the non clear coated polished wheel that can be polished by hand.

How shiny are the clear coated wheels? If you look at the cleared wheels can you see your reflection in the wheels. Does it look like a mirror or is it cloudy and distorted like factory polished wheels. Has the clear held up over time well? Its my understanding even the 2 tone wheels are cleared so they would have clear coat on the polished lip as well. Also are the inside of the hoops cleared? Anthony didn't think they were. He though only the face of the wheel was cleared but he wasn't sure.

Close up pictures are very helpful but even if you can't provide pics I would really like to know.

I do not want to turn this into a post about whether which finish is better. Both are absolutely fine. I've owned wheels with both finishes and never had a problem with either. I have no problem hand polishing my own wheels. If anything my non-clear coated wheels look better because I can get a shinier finish. If the wheels are polished enough clear coated I think i am going to go with those to save a little extra cash. I can always polish them later but I could save the $850 or use that money else where for other mods.

It is my understanding even the 2 tone wheels are clear coated so even the people with 2 tones wheels should be able to tell by looking at the polished lip what the finish looks like.

Last edited by MCSSLT1; 01-10-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:54 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Completely depends on the wheel.

We wanted a OE like finish so the wheels have a polish to them and then clear coated. Similar to the OE polished wheels but I think ours has a bit more shine than those.

Nothing is going to come close to a bare polished piece of metal when it is clean and freshly polished. However it does show more finger prints, dirt, and is going to take more work as the metal does oxidize.

Chrome of course is the brightest

Polished

Polished and Clear coated

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports World Challenge wheels