Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another vendor taking money with no product

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM
baxterboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another vendor

I have come to the reality that some vendors on this forum are suspect for ordering supplies or parts from. There is some very good suppliers and buisnessmen on here and there is some real bad one. I have about a 50 / 50 chance of getting the stuff I order without a big deal. I had ordered some wheels from a supplier that said they were in stock, charged my credit card and about 2 weeks later I enquired and was told they were backordered. I phoned a different supplier to see if they had stock. They assured me they had stock. So when my original supplier could not give me an ETA I ordered from a different vendor. After 22 days this vendor confirmed he didnt have supply either. Yet I was charged for entire purchase from the day I ordered..

Last edited by baxterboy; 04-28-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
LSonDubz
2nd Gear

Can you share the vendor?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:49 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by LSonDubz
Can you share the vendor?
Yes, can you?

Furthermore, and I hate to say this, but the practice of assuring you that an item is in stock when if fact it's on "backorder" is very common for mail order businesses, especially in this time of a tight economy. A supplier wants to make a sale, so they get you to "commit" on the purchase, THEN they scramble to try and get the parts....

I'm going through something similar, but with a lawnmower part. I have a Honda riding mower with a hydrostatic transmission that's "headin' south". I looked around for a replacement tranny, and all the online suppliers supposedly have them, but they're $$$. I decided to put the tranny replacement on hold, and I'm looking for a decent push mower. I happen to call the dealer I originally bought the Honda from, and while discussing a push mower, mention the tranny problem.

He says he can order me a new tranny for a lot less than the prices I see online, and supposedly can have in in 5-6 days. I tell him to go ahead and order it, and 5 days later, I get a call, "Sorry, they're on backorder, probably will be another week and a half".....
Old 05-01-2010, 08:22 AM
hamdog
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm having this exact issue with Quantum Motorsports. Ordered their street brake cooling kit three weeks ago and yet to receive it!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
WheelHor
8th Gear

Sometimes this stuff happens.... If you pay for something, and it hasnt shipped in 3-4 days, make sure you contact them.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
gixer157
Cruising

That's the reason of saying who they are so the next member doesn't run into the same problem.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Schubs
Advanced

i had the same problem trrying to get the ace r1 wheels and c6 z06 wheels. i am on the 5th time ordering wheels and they are finally comming tuesday according to ups. but i dealed with D3wheels.com, Corvette-wheels.com and forget the first one but he was a store off of ebay. i am finally getting the wheels from corvette-wheels.com they have a big selection and fair prices, but i think it is only one guy that works there. I was very upset with them that i called on a friday
to make sure that the wheels were in stock, then on monday where told me they would ship out that day, then on wednesday he called me to tell me that they were not avalible in the offset i requested. but all in all Corvette-wheels.com came throught in the end.

Get notified of new replies

To Another vendor taking money with no product

Quick Reply: Another vendor taking money with no product