Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto NT05 vs NT555 - mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Rag Top
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitto NT05 vs NT555 - mileage

Anyone have some real world mileage data they can share on these tires? (NT555, not the R/RII) I am looking to get a set of street tires this week, and wanted to hear what people think after they have really used a set.

I am an aggressive driver, and I drive year-round in Denver. (I try to keep it out of the snow though. My snow tires have not been on in years!) I have a set of V710's for autocross and track days, so I don't really need a dual purpose tire. I just want something that will not be breaking loose all the time and give some decent mileage.

Thanks-
Old 05-13-2010, 10:46 PM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my ZR-1 and they are a great handling tire. I dont have alot of miles on them so as far as wear I still have no idea...but they hook, and are good in the rain. I have ops checked their rain performance in a down pour and the did not hydroplane at 65 on a grooved highway in Houston. The rain grooves are huge on them, but as they wear in I think the wet wx performance will drop drastically. I bet the NT555 is a better street tire but I like the balance between a street tire and a race tire that the NT05 delivers.

Quick Reply: Nitto NT05 vs NT555 - mileage