Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Use hub centric rings or not.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
STLBLUES
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Use hub centric rings or not.

Sorry searched but confused.

Took my Iforged Monoblock wheels in today for tires. TPS were a direct fit by the way. My question is......

The wheels came with hub centric plastic rings. I assumed they were for an import car having never seen such a part for a wheel. I did not tell the tire installer to balance a special way. I get home and research the rings and find out the purpose. Sounds like you have to balance with an adapter if you plan on using the rings.

Should I go back and have them balance the wheels for the rings or just leave the wheels the way they are? I mounted the wheels and drove the car tonight, no problems but I never hit the highway. GM does not use the rings and I never have on any wheels for 20plus years so I dont relly care to try them. What do you recomend? Thanks for any help.
Steve
Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

the rings reduce the size of the center hole in the wheel to match the center hub on the car. They make the wheel hub-centric as opposed to lug-centric. There is no need for 'special' balancing adapter though.

Quick Reply: Use hub centric rings or not.