Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 tubbed and 345's rubbing frame??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Default C5 tubbed and 345's rubbing frame??

Hey,

I picked up a set a sp500's that were custom made for a mini tub'd car. They were on a c5, but the member I picked them up from received these in trade and decided to not tub his car.

I tubbed my c5 myself, and went on the larger side as it's a Frc so I have no top to fit.

My car is/was relatively low, is on aftermarket bolts and sits fairly low on stock wheels.

After putting the ccw's on, I found the drivers side to fit fine, but the pass side rubbed on the fuel tank cover and was making contact with the frame lip above the tank. I massaged the tank cover and trimmed the frame seam to get clearance. The tires are still rubbing when I go over a decent dip/bump. I've raised the car a good 3/4" and still having minor rubbing.

I'm not a suspension guy, have two questions.
1) Could alignment be an issue with just the one side? Just odd drivers side is fine.

2) would coil overs help with limiting both upward and downward travel? As on full drop, control arm hits the wheel also.

I do not know the full specs of the wheels, but lip to lip they are 14" wide with a 3" lip. I was told they are 12" wide and that the lip is exaggerated on the ccw's. Currently the wheel has Michelin 345 30 19's on them. I imagine I could go slimmer on the tire, but main reason I got these was to run 345's.

Any guidance or suggestions? I'd love to get the ride heigh back down a little, but realize I may be limited by my tire choice.

Thanks,

John
Old 08-07-2017, 01:00 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Those rims are 13 wide not 12 with a 3 inch lip with the back space for the diff on the inner side.

I will and can tell you this on the same rims BUT going the other way with wide body fenders on the c5 lowered to the ground they didn't hit are any thing. But I had mine to the ground only on stock bolts.

You may be correct on the one side but look at your cradle to see it anything looks wrong. Plus see if you can unbolt the 4 bolts and if move it over to the pass side just a hair to see if that could are can help you..

Last edited by robert miller; 08-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

pics or ban
Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 PM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

any updates

Get notified of new replies

To C5 tubbed and 345's rubbing frame??

Quick Reply: C5 tubbed and 345's rubbing frame??