Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's with the black wheels trend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 06:22 PM
0Blaque Diamond Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 388 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMcE
Black wheels can look like steelies unless you've got noticeable calipers or shiny rotors.
Chrome wheels are garish on sports cars.
I guess it's really a matter of preference. But hey, striking calipers do their magic too.

That's a Satin Black BD-F12 with a red brake caliper

The following users liked this post:
Chrisbequick (11-06-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM
CrazyKZ-777
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have all black wheels, but when I bought it, it had the hideous chrome-looking lug nuts. (I'm sorry for those of you that posted with that.) To me that's awful. Within a week I purchased all black lug nuts from ACS. Looks way better matching and gives a nice accent for the red calipers to stand out. If you're going black...go black all the way. It'd be like putting black nuts on a chrome wheel. haha
Old 11-12-2021, 04:46 PM
0Blaque Diamond Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 388 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyKZ-777
I have all black wheels, but when I bought it, it had the hideous chrome-looking lug nuts. (I'm sorry for those of you that posted with that.) To me that's awful. Within a week I purchased all black lug nuts from ACS. Looks way better matching and gives a nice accent for the red calipers to stand out. If you're going black...go black all the way. It'd be like putting black nuts on a chrome wheel. haha
That's probably the best thing you did!
The following users liked this post:
CrazyKZ-777 (11-12-2021)
Old 04-23-2022, 03:02 PM
lovethosesooners
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its funny seeing all the “open minded” replies to anyone that likes chrome wheels and doesn’t like black wheels…have to be “old” if you don’t agree..brilliant!

Count me in the think they look putrid camp…black and chrome are both good in moderation in MY opinion..the only chrome on mine are the wheels and it’s SHARP

Same on a harley-i don’t want EVERYTHING to be chrome nor black, my vette-chrome wheels look awesome and provides contrast,.black wheels look just like the tires…black and more black and yes, as thread started, DOES look like an old car with missing hubcaps-cant even tell what the wheels look like until you’re close up

NO THANKS for me, but as many have stated, to each their own not some idiotic if you don’t agree with me you have no taste, old, whatever

Last edited by lovethosesooners; 04-23-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: What's with the black wheels trend?