Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel refinishing paint code.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:22 AM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Wheel refinishing paint code.

Next month I plan to remove the wheels from my 2007 Indy Pace car ad send them out to get them refinished since some have curb rash and the finish was also damaged by my misadventure with a high pressure pressure washer.

My TPMS sensors are 11 years old and need replacing so was going to use that need to get the wheels refinished at the same time.

I did some research and found out that the pace car wheels had a special finish and that GM sent them to Europe to get them done. The wheel codes are P4A and the color is described as Sterling Silver, paint code WA569F-W.

My question is does anyone know if the clear coat top coat is clear or Pearl Tintcoat. The reason I ask is that in direct sunlight these wheels look almost white. When I mentioned that to the wheel refinishing company they wondered whether the wheels were finished with Pearlescent Clear Coat since it would produce that effect.

I want the finish to duplicate the OEM appearance as closely as possible and would be disappointed to have spent all that money to get it done and it wasn't a perfect match.

Thanks for your input.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel refinishing paint code.