Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much factory chassis setup based on run flats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:34 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts
Default How much factory chassis setup based on run flats?

Our 2011 GS is the first car I have ever owned with run flats installed on them and I believe the car feels stiff and sluggish steering. The ride feels stiffer than it should as well. I have to believe the stiff sidewalls on the tires are at least a part of this. I have considered the possibility of moving to a traditional sidewall tire but if so, how much will this effect the overall handling of the car, will changes be needed to compensate for these changes, and if so, what changes are they?

I can see the rear end becoming loose as well.

I've had probably than a half dozen flats in my entire life. Three of them on my Harley's. We have traveled all over America on the bike without a single tire issue of any kind. It is something in the back of your mind, but with AAA, it's never been a real issue.

We're going to do extensive traveling in the GS and tire availability if a problem happens is another question. A GM dealer is usually never far away, do they stock these tires if needed?

Quick Reply: How much factory chassis setup based on run flats?