Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to replace my "older than my marriage" Goodyear EMTs

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:25 PM
FOGeologist
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Time to replace my "older than my marriage" Goodyear EMTs

Situation: Recently purchased a '97 quicksliver base coupe 6MT. Lots of tread left, but date codes on one pair of tires goes back to 2003, and the other pair is August 2001! They're older than my marriage!

Car is a daily driver and my only vehicle. My commute = 37 miles each way 5x week. I live in the Front Range area of Colorado. There is little snow here anymore but the temps are always low, between 15 degrees F and 60 degrees F; we only get 3-4 days per year when the temps are lower. All-season tires are a MUST. I'm a teacher with a salary that would have been pretty good in 1992; it's barely able to make the grade with my loans 26 years later. Spending $2500 on summer wheels and tires just isn't going to happen, not at least for a couple of years.

Choices: BFG G-FORCE COMP 2 AS? Continentals? Dunlops? What brand of tire will give me solid performance in the dry, cool climate of northern Colorado?
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Need A Vette
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=

Choices: BFG G-FORCE COMP 2 AS? Continentals? Dunlops? What brand of tire will give me solid performance in the dry, cool climate of northern Colorado?[/QUOTE]

Look at the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, great tire, as it's what I'm going to put on my '89 to replace the dry rotted Bridgestones. Look at the reviews on Tire Rack.

D.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:57 AM
FOGeologist
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 83 Posts
Default A new Corvette has been born!

Originally Posted by Need A Vette
Look at the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, great tire, as it's what I'm going to put on my '89 to replace the dry rotted Bridgestones. Look at the reviews on Tire Rack.

D.
Well, it's a whole new car!

I purchased some all-season Uniroyal Tiger's Paw tires from SimpleTire.com and had Pep Boys put them on.

The difference is so vast, so amazing that it's literally like having bought a different car! The ride is buttery-smooth, the lack of ear-splitting tire noise thrumming you to death in the passenger compartment, and the improvement in handling can't be overstated. The car doesn't rattle the roof off going over every little fault in the road anymore.

Thank GOD for new tires!

Get notified of new replies

To Time to replace my "older than my marriage" Goodyear EMTs

Quick Reply: Time to replace my "older than my marriage" Goodyear EMTs