Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Wheels & Tires
Reload this Page >

Anybody Returned Their Brown Letter BF Goodrich T/A's?

Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Returned Their Brown Letter BF Goodrich T/A's?

Old 09-24-2018, 11:18 PM
Greg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 487 Likes on 335 Posts

Default Anybody Returned Their Brown Letter BF Goodrich T/A's?

This seems to be a common problem lately. BFG T/A lettering turning brown and almost impossible to get white again.
Looks pretty bad on a nice Corvette of any year. I've been running BFG's on all my cars for decades and never had this problem before. I currently have four vehicles, all with BFG tires. But now I have the brown letter problem too. Just on the Corvette with the T/A's. The All-Terrains and Long Trails on my trucks don't show any problem at all with their lettering. All the others seem to be OK. I've heard all the BS about cleaning with this or that and spending 45 minutes per tire to get them white again, no thanks. Usually with every car wash a quick squirt of bleche-white cleans them right up. Not any more. There is definitely a problem with the tires.
BFG has not addressed it on their web site even though most of the reviews people leave all mention this problem with the T/A's.
So I'm not looking for another "tip" on cleaning. I'm wondering if anyone here has had success in returning their T/A's for replacement if BFG has corrected this problem?
Greg
Old 10-08-2018, 07:26 AM
Greg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Called BFG customer service number, explained my problem and they opened a return claim for me right away. Didn't admit anything but didn't seem surprised either. Very helpful so far.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:21 PM
76Rat
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Called BFG customer service number, explained my problem and they opened a return claim for me right away. Didn't admit anything but didn't seem surprised either. Very helpful so far.
How old were your tires? Mine are about 4yrs old. They started turning brown about a year after I bought them. I just gave up and scrub them and deal with it. Not very happy about it of course

Last edited by 76Rat; 10-08-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Greg
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Less than a year old. Just rolled over 2,000 miles on them.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:44 PM
FR1476

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here on my 1969 Camaro
Old 05-18-2019, 06:00 PM
fake
CF Senior Member

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

You have to use bleach white and if does not work call BF Goddrich and they will recommend white paint the same they use to paint lines on my strret and yours. Or call a sign company they have products like white out liquid

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody Returned Their Brown Letter BF Goodrich T/A's?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: