Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORGED WHEEL OWNERS: Fitment Questions ????

Old 03-09-2019, 09:29 PM
CamarosRus
CF Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Default FORGED WHEEL OWNERS: Fitment Questions ????

1) Can you tell me specific measurements as to where your tire sidewall sits relative to the
OUTSIDE surface of the rear qtr panel and front fender

2) Was it your goal to have the OUTER SIDEWALL of Tire FLUSH with OUTER surface of
Rear Qtr / Front Fender OR do you have the SIDEWALL inboard by how many fractions of inch
or mm ???

3) On my 12' Grand Sport the RIGHT Rear Wheel sits Outboard 5mm MORE (.197 inch [3/16"= .187] )
than my LEFT side so I'm thinking to order my offset to fit the Right Rear and then Wheel Space/Shim the
Left Side 5mm.

4) From most everything Ive read there is no adjustment in my rear cradle to steel frame mounting position.
I just had my 12 GS aligned to the PFADT Street specs

4) Will You post good SIDE Shots of your Vette trying to SHOW the "LOOK" of the Fitment

Last edited by CamarosRus; Yesterday at 02:10 PM. Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2019, 02:40 PM
CamarosRus
CF Senior Member

Wanting to hear from OWNERS what specs are there FORGED Wheel Offsets
AND Where does that place their Tire SIDEWALLS compared with Side Edge
of Qtr PAnel and Side Edge of Front Fender

Please give ALL Wheel Specs and Tire Specs

Thank You, Chuck
Old 03-12-2019, 03:09 AM
USAZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

CCW SP500 18x9.5 +48 and 19x11 +54 forged monoblocks,,Hankook Ventus V12 265/35/18 and 305/30/19
Less than 1/8" poke on the rears and less than 1/16" poke on the fronts

Old 03-12-2019, 05:09 AM
CamarosRus
CF Senior Member

Thank You for sharing and helping me....

I'm wanting to order offsets on my FORGED Wheels with ZERO poking OUT
Old 04-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Dimewise
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of choice as they would know exactly what measurements you will need.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:31 PM
CamarosRus
CF Senior Member

I have received some GREAT and not so great advice from WHEEL vendors and mfg's

I've also wore out my welcome with at least two vendors as I traded MANY MANY texts
with them but didnt give them my final order. I was a rookie novice buyer and wanted
education which is difficult to acquire and these people did help me learn

What I have learned that you need to determine how your OE (or whatever) Wheels are
positioned within your Vette's Body.....
I found that due to mfg tolerances that my RIGHT Side Rear was at least 5mm more OUTward
than my LEFT SIDE......If your wanting to really dial in FITTMENT you need to gather ALL
your FACTS and then use www.willtheyfit,com to help determine the final offsets
The following users liked this post:
GeoGS (04-18-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Cman01
CF Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm wondering...……………..did you buy your car new or used??? If it was used was it by any chance damaged before and repaired??

I find it strange that 1 side would be different in where the wheel hub would be compared to the other side (or if there was a body repair maybe the 1/4 panels were mounted different 1 side vs. the other causing this problem with wheels. Ordering a custom wheel with offset different on 1 side vs. the other makes no sense.

I would check further into your issue before spending big money on custom wheels that might only fit your car because of this problem.

Tony

Last edited by Cman01; 04-19-2019 at 05:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GeoGS (04-19-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 06:42 PM
EVRGRN
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cman01 View Post
I'm wondering.....did you buy your car new or used??? If it was used was it by any chance damaged before and repaired??

I find it strange that 1 side would be different in where the wheel hub would be compared to the other side (or if there was a body repair maybe the 1/4 panels were mounted different 1 side vs. the other causing this problem with wheels. Ordering a custom wheel with offset different on 1 side vs. the other makes no sense.

I would check further into your issue before spending big money on custom wheels that might only fit your car because of this problem.

Tony
Tony - Regarding Item #3 and your comments, this is actually a very common issue on c6s. My 2009 coupe has it also. It's simply how the cars came from the factory.

I agree with you though that it does not make sense to buy wheels with different offsets or to use a spacers unevenly on the different wheels to get the exact same visual result all around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FORGED WHEEL OWNERS: Fitment Questions ????

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: