Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help- tiger paw tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Ryano
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help- tiger paw tires

Hello all- I have a 1972 Corvette. I participated in a car show yesterday and on the way home my tread decided to separate on my tire and chipped a bunch of paint behind the left rear tire. I will address the paint soon but i cant find a tire to match anywhere on the net. Its a Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTS but has the while lettering. Would like them all to match. Below is a picture of tires. Does anyone know where to find this same tire?

by the way- i placed 1st in corvette 1968-1994

thanks

Old 03-10-2019, 06:52 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Very nice car!

I could be wrong, but I think those tires were discontinued a number of years ago, which brings up a number of issues for you. The first is that you'd be hard pressed to find another one. Secondly, and somewhat importantly, is that your current tires are pretty close to the end of their "life cycle". They may have good tread, but they may just be "old", as you have just experienced, with the tread separation on one of your tires. And if you were able to find another Uniroyal, it, too, most likely would be an "old" tire. It might be a tad expensive in the short run, but good insurance in the long run, to replace all four tires, making sure that the ones you get, have current date codes.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Ryano
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will look for a new set then
Old 05-08-2019, 11:02 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Check Coker tire. They are remaking older style tires.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help- tiger paw tires

Quick Reply: Please help- tiger paw tires