What did you do to your C4 today?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
RPO Joe
Racer

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by typical boomer
These are fantastic! My only question is if the safety lock bar is in a locked position, can't tell exactly but clearly the full weight of the car is not on the tires.
Thank you! You have a good eye; I lowered the car down a bit for this pic, and then raised back it up into the locked position.

Originally Posted by Whaleman
Nice carpentry! Jobs like this take way more 2" x 4"s than meet the eye when you think about building them. Dan
Thanks! 104 linear feet, to be exact. I think I deserve extra credit for making all the cuts with a handsaw.

Originally Posted by MIKEZ51
Jenga on steroids
Lol!

Originally Posted by '78CorvetteS.A.
I like it!!! Simple, clean and safe!!! Well worth the time, money and effort....relatively speaking, very cheap insurance for your life, as well as your car!!! With the added benefit of being able to remove the quick-jacks! If you haven't already, next time you pull them out, I would glue or staple some rubber pieces on your bottom 2"×4"s on all 4 stacks...this will give them good anti-slide characteristics, along with keeping the wood away from direct contact with moisture and fluids!!! Might as well stain and clear them while you're at it !!! Even though it's a "simple" project, it's refreshing to see that you took pride in making them and did it right!!! Excellent job, I wouldn't hesitate to do any kind of work under those, that vette isn't going anywhere👍
Thank you. Good idea on creating some sort of anti-slip method. The QuickJacks don't like to lower without the weight of a vehicle on them, although if I wanted them out of the way with the car sitting up on the cribs, I think I could figure something out. I thought about applying some clear stain, but I don't want them so pretty that I'm reluctant to use them! I lost count of how many 10 x 2-1/2" deck screws I used to put these things together, but, yeah, they're pretty stout.

The following users liked this post:
JohnRR (Today)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your C4 today?