CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 24-27, 2017 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 11:27 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Here's the pet policy from the website:
PETS

Pets are strongly discouraged for health and safety reasons. If you cannot make other arrangements for boarding, your pet must be on a leash, and policing after them is required. Your pet must be under your control at all times and you are fully responsible for its actions. Any offensive or unsafe actions by your pet may result in expulsion from the fairgrounds without refund.

Every year there are dogs on the fairgrounds. Mostly spectators, but not all. Some are Fun Field participants who bring their dogs (we were 4 cars down from 2 dogs this year) and there's one couple who bring CATS every year! Well behaved, always on a leash, and the cats are definitely NOT an issue. But I watched dogs take dumps and try and pee on wheels a couple of times this year, and that's something I hadn't seen other years.

Last edited by USA1 427; 10-03-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Lance some of my questions or concerns is is there a way to limit or stop vehicle traffic through the aisle doing show times at all events? Unless there is a emergency i feel there is no need for vehicles going down the aisles. Also what is the policy on pets.
This is always a difficult task for many of reasons. The major reason is because we don't force people to stay the entire day nor do we force them to arrive by a certain time. With this said, people are free to come/go as they desire. This allows people to drive in/out all day/evening. During our Spring and Fall events it's easier for us to manage, we do have roving security for those that are just cruising around continuously. Yet, even this is hard to manage. Our security does a nice job, but it can be difficult. We're always open to suggestions, so please feel free passing along any thoughts you might have to help improve this for us.

Thanks in advance,

Lance
Old 10-09-2017, 07:46 PM
c6 CHEVY
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I've been attending Carlisle for 30 years. I've never had a complaint. You have to cater to all walks of life. Look forward to this weekend every year. My wife and I bring our small dogs. Their quiet, friendly and when they do have to "DUMP we pick it up. Stop your wining . Quite tired of it. Jeff.
The following users liked this post:
LT4CMG (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,495 Likes on 1,892 Posts

^^^Thank you Sir. This was our first at Carlisle, though not new to big shows at all. My wife and I had a wonderful time. However, since you said it, the hell with it, I can’t hold my tongue anymore either. First, a big Thank You to the folks who put in so much time and effort to put a show of this scale together. Second, enough of this whining with the spots and tents and dust and grass and how the food does not agree with your hemorrhoids. Say thank you and move on. Showing a bit of gratitude is ok too.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
When I say we get there early, I mean EARLY!!

Elaine

i agree:

My advice to others is, which I follow, is you cannot get there too early!
Flashlights optional

Dave
GS Diva (10-11-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 AM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ls3zob
^^^Thank you Sir. This was our first at Carlisle, though not new to big shows at all. My wife and I had a wonderful time. However, since you said it, the hell with it, I can’t hold my tongue anymore either. First, a big Thank You to the folks who put in so much time and effort to put a show of this scale together. Second, enough of this whining with the spots and tents and dust and grass and how the food does not agree with your hemorrhoids. Say thank you and move on. Showing a bit of gratitude is ok too.
+1......I'm fortunate that I only live about 80 miles south of Carlisle. Been attending various shows every year for the last 25 years sometimes as a spectator other times as a show field participant.

I appreciate the effort that goes into putting on these shows. Nothing like a good burn out contest.

When it comes to saving spots I've seen the same issue at the truck show, GM show, Ford show and Mopar show. Some owners just have their minds fixated on a particular spot in the grass. Not sure why that is. It's a pretty big field, not sure what the folks that run the shows can do about it.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by ls3zob
Absolutely agree. Over the years, the only real complaint I've had, and continue to have is the roads through the fairgrounds being so broken up and hard to walk on now with my wife who has a hard time getting around. BUT Carlisle has been repaving roads a few at a time and I know they'll get them all done eventually and that it's very expensive for them. So Lance, and all, thank you for that. It is noticed and appreciated. And thanks for doing the reserved spot option. That's something we'll continue to do as long as we're able to keep coming to the show. One of the best ideas you guys have had.
racelance (10-25-2017)
Old 08-26-2019, 11:35 AM
nhisfan
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 88 Posts

Another great Corvettes @ Carlisle behind us and I want to sincerely thank Lance, Bill, Jody, and everyone involved in putting on such a CLASS event.
I don't care much for the 8 hour drive each way, but while I'm there, I forget all about it!
And I don't know how you did it, but this was the 3rd year in a row with great weather (if we don't talk about Friday morning and even that wasn't THAT bad!!!)...

I hate to brag, but I think we have a couple of the best parking places there - come out of guest services, stub, your toe, and there we are - the DSOM brothers!!!

geo - cape cod, mass

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 24-27, 2017 - OFFICIAL THREAD