Sponsored by:

DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 07:24 AM
jburgess1379
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by -ZEEOHSIX-
I wonder how that would work on the automatics? Hold the brake down and blip the throttle? I'm not entirely sure I would know if/when the launch control was actually activated or not.
It's the same way. Hard brake. Blip the throttle fast. Before rpms catch up. If youre looking at the dash instead of the road you will see a L pop up during the launch. Wouldn't recommend that though.
Also, according to Tom at DSC it's 0-20mph, not a certain number of feet. At 21mph it goes back to normal.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:46 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

New update is great- no more wallowing. Sport might be too stiff, but that's easy enough to adjust.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Nabush
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Guys, I installed the DSC controller V4 few weeks ago.

I have some concerns. I don't have any error messages on the dash but when I do a scan I have several errors showing up :

U0139 Lost of communication with suspension controle module A
U0421 Incorrect data received from suspension module B

Other than that the car is behaving pretty good, though I was disapointed with heavy braking on high frequency bumps in track mode. In my last AutoX there was a hard braking before and in a left turn. Everytime my front shocks went rock solid and I lost my front. The other guys had more or less same issue with standard shocks but I would have thought magneride would have done better here...

Made me wonder if the dsc is working fine.

I did some log on it and it worked but was incredibly slow and sometimes showed weird values for the TPS for example....

Last edited by Nabush; 04-09-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:37 PM
grecoz06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rwc815
My car drives dramatically better. Launch control is neat just push the clutch in blip the throttle then go. Front end definitely lifts during the first 50 feet or so. Should help at auto x or drag events.
Hi! I also have and M7 car, is there any indication Launch Control is activated? After the blip do you happen to know how long you have to initiate the launch? Do you hold the revs higher after the blip then release the clutch fast or do you just drive like normal but just do it harder and faster? thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2022, 03:25 PM
scormier
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post! Is this for a v2 controller or something else?
Old 06-11-2022, 05:33 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

So I got tractive coilovers + DSC controller on my Viper. Viper guys have the same exact wallowing complaints.
I got mine from very good Viper suspension tuner/road race expert, and its great with his tune, but everyone seemed to have the same complaints Corvette owners (and I) did.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations