C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ashphalt on my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Gibbyvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks for all the information gang!

I haven't done it yet but will probably go with WD40 then clay bar. I talked with the owner of the company, whom I know, and he offered to pay but I figured I'd do it myself. It actually is barely visible but certainly feels like sandpaper!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Well, this is timely. The HOA will be resurfacing part of the parking lot. I asked the contractor if my car would be okay parked near the worksite, and he said it would be fine, just dusty. So, this is not regular dust? I have a cover, does that make a difference?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:34 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbyvette
I haven't done it yet but will probably go with WD40 then clay bar. I talked with the owner of the company, whom I know, and he offered to pay but I figured I'd do it myself. It actually is barely visible but certainly feels like sandpaper!
gibby, I'm glad you came back, but I am having a hard time understanding your reply. You did not cause the problem, you do not have experience fixing the problem, and the cause of the problem offered to pay for the fix. How that equates to you fixing it yourself is beyond me. But, that is why we have a forum, so you can get all the help you need, and then some.

Good luck with the fix.
The following users liked this post:
Gibbyvette (05-25-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 11:53 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Any wax will take it off. Just takes a little more rubbing.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibbyvette
please do remove the asphalt before you clay bar. You don't want to scrub that around with a clay bar on your paint. You'll end up with fine scratches all over the clear coat
The following users liked this post:
Gibbyvette (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Gibbyvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the kid C6
Well, this is timely. The HOA will be resurfacing part of the parking lot. I asked the contractor if my car would be okay parked near the worksite, and he said it would be fine, just dusty. So, this is not regular dust? I have a cover, does that make a difference?
My problem was that they ground up the old lot and then resurfaced it. It was the dust from the grinding up of the old lot that screwed up my car.

Quick Reply: Ashphalt on my car