Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

Moving to Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:36 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by last901
A bit reactive, Mike, but certainly better than trying to blow up the place.

May I suggest that a forum such as this may not be the optimal venue for venting over things like politics or just plain whining. Though it is a forum, isn;t it? About Corvettes as I recall.

I, for one, do not like the current state administration or many of their proposals. But we (some of us anyway) vote and 'we" elected them. There is a process for changing this, but it seems that for whatever reason, many would rather bitch and moan rather than become politically active. Okay, so i'm one that fits that bill, but I accept the consequences.

Of course, property values have increased and if they get too much to bear, I move. Besides my $89K home is approaching >10 times what I paid for it.

I guess my point is, that if your employer or your family creates the probability of a move, then weigh your options. There are a great many resources on the internet to help with that decision. I do recognize that a closely-knit forum such as this does invite some personal advice and that's okay, but we live within a systems environment. We have choices.

Are you relocating here because you choose to to so, or because your employer wants you to? If the latter depending on your situation, I'd question if you were first choice.

It's a wonderful place to live, but there's a price associated with it.

There's always Fargo or Casper....
Correction... We vote... but "we", some of us, did not elect them. I wonder if they spend their personal income like they spend our taxes.

Apologies, my mind wondered off again, as this is the Corvette forum and I should return to thoughts of a new ZR1. I wonder what new colors are coming? Probably won't be able to get into E@RTC with one anyway
Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Might those be the empty scotch bottles you keep thinking have a dram or two left in them?
Possibly....
Old 07-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Originally Posted by NW94Z
So far only one of our cars has come due. Cost more than tripled, nearly $700. Across 5 cars we are looking at over $2000 extra this year to register them for the road. BTW I still drive as many miles per year as someone that owns one or two cars.

I'm glad my insurance company takes into account the number of miles I put on EACH car per year and bills me accordingly.
My 2 Vettes are still registered in Texas.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:44 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Every time we try and get ahead the "uncle scam sez bend over
don't worry folks revolution is near and all Hells gonna break loose

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-09-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:38 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

^ Sure it is.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Carl Timonen
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 700HP+
Tom Wong performance for tuning in Vancouver, WA
Old 07-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Whatever you do, don't move the Idaho. We already have enough Californians ruining everything here, we don't need anyone from western WA bringing their backwards policies here too.

OP I have a feeling you will be back in Texas within 2 years. Just wait until you try to register your cars, lol
Old 07-11-2017, 12:23 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
Whatever you do, don't move the Idaho. We already have enough Californians ruining everything here, we don't need anyone from western WA bringing their backwards policies here too.

OP I have a feeling you will be back in Texas within 2 years. Just wait until you try to register your cars, lol
I plan to move to Idaho or Utah when I retire. But it's because I don't like the backwards ways here. So I won't be bringing them with me. My sister's and brother in law moved to Idaho for the same reason. They did not bring any Kalifornia Libtard ways with them.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:14 AM
lectroglide
Pro

that's includes south seattle
Old 07-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
I plan to move to Idaho or Utah when I retire. But it's because I don't like the backwards ways here. So I won't be bringing them with me. My sister's and brother in law moved to Idaho for the same reason. They did not bring any Kalifornia Libtard ways with them.
Trump supporters are always welcome here
Old 07-12-2017, 06:27 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Old 07-12-2017, 07:45 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

There's a separate forum section for politics. I dont know about you, but I come here to discuss cars and events and such, not political views.

Now that I think of it, why do we even have a politics section on a forum for cars? Every other car forum I have been to doesn't have one and I think that's the way it should be.
The following 2 users liked this post by four0nefive:
AaronZ51 (07-12-2017), ExRedRacer (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 11:54 PM
lectroglide
Pro

thiers an MG car forum that restricts any kind of politics for obvious reasons, other sites don't seem to care.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:58 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lectroglide
thiers an MG car forum that restricts any kind of politics for obvious reasons, other sites don't seem to care.
That's absolutely not true. This is the only car forum I've ever seen with a section for politics and religion, which by the way just seems to be a place for people to bash others due to their religion and/or political views.

I read tons of other car forums (Rennlist, Camaro5/6, McLaren Life, Ferrari Chat, etc.) And none of them have sections for this kind of stuff. It's literally all discussions regarding the vehicles and regional discussions.

Like I said before, take your politics somewhere else. I don't come here to read about that. I come here to read and discuss about cars and communicate with fellow members of the local car community.

Last edited by four0nefive; 07-13-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 AM
lectroglide
Pro

you sir need too learn to comprehend what you read then you can correctly reply.......DONE

Last edited by lectroglide; 07-13-2017 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 AM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lectroglide
you sir need too learn to comprehend what you read then you can correctly reply.......DONE
Enlighten me, what am I comprehending wrong? Are you not sharing your own political views here?

Also you need to learn which version of a word to use, it's not very difficult.

Last edited by four0nefive; 07-13-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:02 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

I have never been on a car forum with no politics. Some require you to go through a process to get to that section. On the Duramax forum politics come up. But it is almost all people on the right. Sometimes a left wing troll who has no truck shows up. They leave soon after due to a beat down. Politics affect everything we do so they will come up. And for some reason people on car forums seem to like to discuss guns. And of course tools as well. But .gov regulates cars so politics will come up.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Seattle Area

Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Also Seattle has some freak left wing politics so it should be part of any discussion about moving here.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:38 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Also Seattle has some freak left wing politics so it should be part of any discussion about moving here.
In YOUR opinion, it's "freak" left wing politics. In the opinion of others, it's progressive politics attempting to solve some of the problems of society. Ever notice how quickly some of you TRUMP supporters resort to name calling even in this thread? Why do you think that is?
Old 07-13-2017, 02:32 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

I have never been on a car forum with no politics. Some require you to go through a process to get to that section. On the Duramax forum politics come up. But it is almost all people on the right. Sometimes a left wing troll who has no truck shows up. They leave soon after due to a beat down. Politics affect everything we do so they will come up. And for some reason people on car forums seem to like to discuss guns. And of course tools as well. But .gov regulates cars so politics will come up.
Evidently you haven't been to very many car forums. Out of the 5-7 car forums I regularly visit, this is legit the only one with a politics section.

Guns I can understand why that would fall under politics, but tools? That one makes no sense to me. This thread was going all find and dandy until politics were brought up. The guy was looking for advice on moving here, not what you think about policies and stuff.

I see you're one of those people who think just because someone doesn't agree with them, they are wrong...

Quick Reply: Moving to Seattle Area