Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Looking for good service mechanic in around Spartanburg SC!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 03:41 PM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Looking for good service mechanic in around Spartanburg SC!

Anybody in the area (Spartanburg SC) that can recommend a good shop? Last time I had any major work....it was by Joey Cartee when he had his shop open....and then some small things he was doing at his house after closing shop.

But this was a few years back. My C6 is probably going to need the transmission pulled after diagnosis...and I haven't been "in the scene" lately since I kept this one stock.

I've heard of Hawk's Performance...but have no experience with them.

Any recommendations? Obviously the closer to Spartanburg the better as it's going to need to be brought in by roll-back.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2018, 07:28 PM
MG23FRC
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll vouch for Hawks motorsports in Easely. I've known Bruce for a long time and they do good work. Had them build my C5 last summer and couldn't be happier. I'd at least give them a call, see what they say.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:41 AM
clemson3
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hawks is a good shop, just pricey. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my mechanic's number (he's in Piedmont). He works on cars as a side gig and has a super nice shop at his house. I use him for everything with my car. He used to build race cars and is very familiar and experienced with Corvettes and LS motors.
The following users liked this post:
rmtt (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 08:53 AM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by clemson3
Hawks is a good shop, just pricey. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my mechanic's number (he's in Piedmont). He works on cars as a side gig and has a super nice shop at his house. I use him for everything with my car. He used to build race cars and is very familiar and experienced with Corvettes and LS motors.
Just sent you a PM.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

Ricky's Transmission on North Church Street does excellent transmission work. They've rebuilt several for me.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:39 PM
JOEY CARTEE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yall acting like i DIED or something!!!! Im working 84 hours a week at GE and NOBODY can afford these skilled hands on the corvette!!!!! bwhahahahahaha!!! Jokes aside.. I will VOUCH for Hawks Too... Bruce has been a friend of mine before he could spell tuned port... He HAS done well!!!! And My daughter Ashton Cartee and My son n law RYAN and ryans brother NIck also have worked there for many years!!!!! I just Wanna work there too!!!! Had to buy a 2014 SS camaro and did the cam,lifters,1 7/8 headers 3 inch back, retuned and knocked out 440 on the rear tires with a stock air box and filter... WIFE says i can drive it next year... She traded the labor out with sleeping arrangements... LOL... Hawks tuned it and Dynoed it.. Im very happy... peace out.... Corvette Joey
The following users liked this post:
ceastham1 (02-13-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for good service mechanic in around Spartanburg SC!

Quick Reply: Looking for good service mechanic in around Spartanburg SC!