Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

For all that are looking for C5 Double Din Bezel....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 12:05 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts
Default For all that are looking for C5 Double Din Bezel....

I just received this email from Vettenuts last night updating us on their progress on a new double din bezel:

First off let me start by saying that we are truly sorry for the multiple delays in getting these bezels out to you all. And also for the lack of communication on our part. It is not because we do not care, it is simply because we have not had any new information to share.
Along with not having a new date and the previous estimated dates that never came, we have been weary of sending out another promised arrival date.

The timeframe for completion has been pushed back time and time again, due to errors in texture, mounting tabs, etc. Everytime a change is made, the manufacturer has to modify the mold, send us the sample (from overseas), and wait for our approval. This has taken more time than we ever anticipated. We are FINALLY in production and nearing completion of the 1000 bezels!!!

To say that this has been frustrating would be an understatement. As you could imagine, this process has been a nightmare for us all. We have a lot of capital tied up in these bezels, and we too are waiting on them for our Vettes. We want you all to know that we share in the same frustration and anticipation as our customers.

We have spent the last week demanding a solid delivery date. The manufacturer has assured us that in 60 days we will have them in stock, ready to ship to you.
We truly believe that you will be satisfied with the results and that it was worth the wait.

We want to thank those of you who have called and been so patient with us.
We appreciate you guys more than you know!

Ok Ok Ok, enough of all of that …
Check Out These Pics!

Just wanted to pass this along and hopefully this will be a great new source. The texture in the pic looks really good to me!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

How about finding a domestic manufacturer?

Personally, I am willing to pay extra for US made products.

The timeframe for completion has been pushed back time and time again, due to errors in texture, mounting tabs, etc. Everytime a change is made, the manufacturer has to modify the mold, send us the sample (from overseas), and wait for our approval. This has taken more time than we ever anticipated. We are FINALLY in production and nearing completion of the 1000 bezels!!!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:09 PM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

If they had them made in America they probably wouldn't have had these problems.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by madsonp
If they had them made in America they probably wouldn't have had these problems.
There is no doubt that change orders happen MUCH faster and easier. Between the time difference and language barrier, it is a nightmare. The other thing I have experienced is that the overseas manufacturer will run with the design and make a bazillion parts and then not accept changes until the inventory is addressed. The only upside is price. Every other aspect is a negative.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:38 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Aerovette
How about finding a domestic manufacturer?

Personally, I am willing to pay extra for US made products.
You're missing the whole point of this post!
If you have been around any amount of time at all, a double din bezel has now become fairly hard to come by unless you want to settle for the Metra version that doesn't match the best. Double D mods went belly up and stiffed a bunch of customers who paid for orders they never received. The only other place currently to get a custom bezel is Apsis and I don't know the cost, so another entrant into the market carrying these bezels is a good thing for christ's sake! I don't care if the frickin things come from Mars if they look good, fit good and help all of us with C5's mod our cars. That was the point of mentioning this and I think it's great that we are closer to seeing this happen!

I also get tired of the same old China complaint. You buy stuff from China all the time and don't even know it, esp. if you step foot in Walmart. If you're going to complain about China then quit buying ALL of their products. It is just about impossible to do anymore. Sometimes the only product offered is from China.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:12 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

You can be 100% certain that there are Chinese parts in your Vette.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:20 PM
TheProsecutor
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I paid less $225 shipped for my Metra kit. I think it looks fine with the smooth rather than textured finish.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 AM
lancedolan
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really fighting with myself on whether to buy the metra. The finish looks purplish compared to the stock HVAC plastic, but the price difference is significant...

I also see some poor alignment in the pic below. Was it that way with your stock bezel? Is that a rubber gasket that's overlapping oddly, which could be cut or adjusted, or is it hard plastic from the metra bezel?

For the record, I agree it looks fine and don't mean to talk your setup down, lol, It looks great! It's just a matter of preference and what level of perfection individuals are looking for. Just wondering what's up there.

Last edited by lancedolan; 01-08-2018 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:52 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
I just received this email from Vettenuts last night updating us on their progress on a new double din bezel:

First off let me start by saying that we are truly sorry for the multiple delays in getting these bezels out to you all. And also for the lack of communication on our part. It is not because we do not care, it is simply because we have not had any new information to share.
Along with not having a new date and the previous estimated dates that never came, we have been weary of sending out another promised arrival date.

To say that this has been frustrating would be an understatement. As you could imagine, this process has been a nightmare for us all. We have a lot of capital tied up in these bezels, and we too are waiting on them for our Vettes. We want you all to know that we share in the same frustration and anticipation as our customers.

We have spent the last week demanding a solid delivery date. The manufacturer has assured us that in 60 days we will have them in stock, ready to ship to you.
We truly believe that you will be satisfied with the results and that it was worth the wait.

We want to thank those of you who have called and been so patient with us.
We appreciate you guys more than you know!

Ok Ok Ok, enough of all of that …
Check Out These Pics!

Just wanted to pass this along and hopefully this will be a great new source. The texture in the pic looks really good to me!
That's a really good looking bezel. Good luck on nailing down the manufacturing. Hopefully there is enough volume to make it profitable.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

If you have been around any amount of time at all, a double din bezel has now become fairly hard to come by unless you want to settle for the Metra version that doesn't match the best. Double D mods went belly up and stiffed a bunch of customers who paid for orders they never received. The only other place currently to get a custom bezel is Apsis and I don't know the cost, so another entrant into the market carrying these bezels is a good thing for christ's sake! I don't care if the frickin things come from Mars if they look good, fit good and help all of us with C5's mod our cars. That was the point of mentioning this and I think it's great that we are closer to seeing this happen!

I also get tired of the same old China complaint. You buy stuff from China all the time and don't even know it, esp. if you step foot in Walmart. If you're going to complain about China then quit buying ALL of their products. It is just about impossible to do anymore. Sometimes the only product offered is from China.
this

also many Chinese manufacturers don't mind what are considered small orders. vette nuts may be paying 50 each *1000 or 50 grand for these in the HOPE of making 200k when they are all sold. i'm guessing on the price as they would need to pay no more than 50 each to make the risk worth it. finding US plastics makers to do this may be considerably harder. also worth noting there may be no US manf willing to do this. the mold, the paint, the plastic etc. china mass produces many aftermarket autoparts. there's no way delphi or denso would consider small batch runs

buying 1000 of these is risky as hell.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:12 AM
FinishLine
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think the Metra kit looks decent. For the price difference of the Vettenuts version, I think it's an acceptable option compared to Vettenuts, which is almost a year late on delivery. I do like the idea of the little uncovered storage area (great for a wallet) and the USB mod as shown in the pic.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Ok everyone we just got conformation that the bezels are being packed into a container. The assembly is done (ash tray, cup holder) and have been scheduled with the freight company on Jan 30th to start the trip across the ocean. We expect to be shipping them out late Feb. to all our customers. We are also ending the sale in the next week.

The wait is finally over!!
Old 01-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

And for all of those saying they would pay more for an American made product. I sent the bezel out to be quoted in the states to 2 different companies, the retail cost would have been in the $800 range for a double din bezel. We felt no one was going to pay that and the few that did would never cover us for the 1000 units we had to order. We have sent out several other items and there is no way you can produce Made In The USA and be competitive.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:39 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
And for all of those saying they would pay more for an American made product. I sent the bezel out to be quoted in the states to 2 different companies, the retail cost would have been in the $800 range for a double din bezel. We felt no one was going to pay that and the few that did would never cover us for the 1000 units we had to order. We have sent out several other items and there is no way you can produce Made In The USA and be competitive.
And there you have it. Thanks for the update and thanks for doing this for C5 owners. The one I received from you last year, which looked awesome by they way, I accidentally cracked it so I am down for a new one!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:32 AM
lancedolan
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the latest on this? I'm replacing stock with double din late April or May, and I'm seriously not interested in Metra if I can get something better...
Old 03-19-2018, 09:47 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by lancedolan
What's the latest on this? I'm replacing stock with double din late April or May, and I'm seriously not interested in Metra if I can get something better...
They are shipping out sometime this week.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Well the wait is finally over! Yes what you see are the bezels being unloaded into our facility here in Bell Buckle, TN. Are y'all ready for some tracking numbers???

This is really happening!
Get ready for tracking numbers.

Last edited by Marc@Vettenuts.net; 03-20-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To For all that are looking for C5 Double Din Bezel....

Old 03-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Awkwardcrane
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Got my head unit installed. Just a few bits to finish. I was going to paint it? Wife says no, she likes how it looks?
Attached Images   

Last edited by Awkwardcrane; 03-30-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Forgot the pics
Old 03-30-2018, 03:21 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

It actually does look pretty good. I think I would color match it though.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:53 PM
thodgen
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default lining up the doube din to the bezel

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
Well the wait is finally over! Yes what you see are the bezels being unloaded into our facility here in Bell Buckle, TN. Are y'all ready for some tracking numbers???

Do you provide or sell a bracket so that the double din head lines up correctly with the new bezel, or do you have recommendations for that?

Quick Reply: For all that are looking for C5 Double Din Bezel....