Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

RPI Designs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 05:41 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

Default RPI Designs

I would like to complain a bit about a purchase I made from RPI Design. On may 27th I made a purchase for a carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and a front fascia support. When I purchased these items at the cost of 1482.70 dollars total there was nothing on the web site stating a wait time except the fender extensions said a three day wait may be necessary. On the May 30 I sent a message via Facebook messenger inquiring about the order and when it may possibly ship because I was leaving out of town for work and needed to make arrangements for someone to pick them up at the house for me. I received a response the next day stating they would get back to me. Well they got back to me the same day stating that they are out of stock on all the items and they were having to get materials to make them and it would be three weeks. Again nothing said on the website that they were out of stock. On the 6th of June I contacted again to see if there were any updates and they again told me three weeks. keep in mind this has already been a week pass by since they told me three weeks. I was fine with that as I did receive the bumper support that day. So three weeks pass from the day I ordered my parts and I haven't heard anything yet, I contact them again on the 16th of June and they finally reply to me on the 19th with the materials had arrived and all parts should ship out by the end of that week or the following Monday. The 25th of June arrives and I received my carbon splitter. Only 1 month after ordering it but still no side skirts or fender extensions so I contact them yet again and they tell me that all they are waiting for are the fender extensions and they will let me know as soon as there is a ETA. I never heard anything back so now its July 2nd so I try to contact them again. No response. I try on the 3rd and no response. I try calling them and no one answered the phone so I left a message. No response again. So on the 5th I sent an email and a Facebook message and I get the response on both stating they will check with the manager and get right back with me. Again nothing from them. Friday the 8th of June I made multiple phone calls and everyone I talked too said they would get with the manager and get back with me and again they never did. So here I am now six weeks since I sent almost 1500.00 of my hard earned money for something to a supporting vendor that I thought I could trust and have only received part of my order and now having trouble communication with these clowns. I don't understand how if they claim they make all the carbon parts in house then why cant they get off their asses and walk out there and see what the hell the deal is. This is UNSATISFACTORY in my eyes. Also they need to make you aware that they are out of stock on items before you make a purchase like that.
Sorry for the rant but I hope this helps me get my parts as well as inform others of my issues. Thanks for your time and I will never order from RPI again.
Thanks,
Brent
Old 07-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

This doesn't appear to be an issue directly affecting you. I have been in contact with a couple of aftermarket manufacturers about purchasing a spoiler for my C6 GS and the responses definitely are a "buyer beware" in doing business with them. It's common for "backorders" with no guaranteed date of delivery. The companies I have contacted actively advertise these products on this forum, yet their products are not available. After the horror stories I have read here in dealing with so many companies, it will be a cold day in hell before I send multiple hundreds of dollars to a company that doesn't have the product they advertised today, in stock.

One company didn't have the ABS, the fiberglass, or the CF part in stock and it would be an estimated 4 weeks until any of them were available. They offer 7 different spoilers for the C6 and every last one of them is at least a 4 week delay.

WTF? I find it damned hard to believe "they" manufacture anything themselves and believe their product line is outsourced, most likely to China, which is NOT what they advertise.

Last edited by Mcrider; 07-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

You will get a good piece from them may be a little slow ON SOME PIECE'S but well worth the wait. I have going a ton of piece's from him.. Robert
Old 07-07-2018, 08:48 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by robert miller
You will get a good piece from them may be a little slow ON SOME PIECE'S but well worth the wait. I have going a ton of piece's from him.. Robert
I hope that you are correct. I am happy with the fit and finish of the front splitter. All the holes did line up perfectly and it looks beautiful on the car. Just the wait and the non communication has tainted my experience. I also feel they probably do not make their parts in house like they claim. Either way I hope they come soon.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by 03BlkZ
. I also feel they probably do not make their parts in house like they claim. Either way I hope they come soon.
I believe the parts are imported. What takes place is the companies take orders from customers and HOLD THEM until they reach the magic minimum number that triggers a re-order from the chinese manufacturer. It has zero to do with "they are out of stock on all the items and they were having to get materials to make them" because they don't make them in the first place, that's a bogus story. If they had the materials to make these, your order would have been filled when they delivered your first piece.

There are just way too many horror stories about online ordering in this and other forums to add having to wait outrageous amounts of time, and not getting accurate info on your order EVERY TIME YOU CALL for me to deal with these companies. If they don't have it in stock and ready to ship in a day or two, I am not going to order it, and I will move on to another company that can and will.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:49 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mcrider
I believe the parts are imported. What takes place is the companies take orders from customers and HOLD THEM until they reach the magic minimum number that triggers a re-order from the chinese manufacturer. It has zero to do with "they are out of stock on all the items and they were having to get materials to make them" because they don't make them in the first place, that's a bogus story. If they had the materials to make these, your order would have been filled when they delivered your first piece.

There are just way too many horror stories about online ordering in this and other forums to add having to wait outrageous amounts of time, and not getting accurate info on your order EVERY TIME YOU CALL for me to deal with these companies. If they don't have it in stock and ready to ship in a day or two, I am not going to order it, and I will move on to another company that can and will.
Maybe one thing are the other but it does come down on some parts the waiting game on them. But from all the parts I have gotten from him he has always come thur & the one piece that wasn't that up to par. He did with less than half the time did get me a 100% good part out plus said ok not to mail the old one back to him. So for me here a good vendor for sure... Robert
Old 07-08-2018, 06:45 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

OP - I’ve read this story more times than I can count over the years.
its how they do business, some get lucky like Robert and others not so lucky.
Pay attention to the return policy on the website, if you have issues with anything you
have already bought and received,you only have 3-10 days, yes days, to advise them of the issue
Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
Pay attention to the return policy on the website, if you have issues with anything you
have already bought and received,you only have 3-10 days, yes days, to advise them of the issue
Thanks I will keep that in mind.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:05 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
on that one also but then again you need to look at it from his eye, did you really get it like that or was it damaged by you are something not on his part do it. I am not taking any sides here just saying what has happen over the year with me in here. Believe me also on my part I have gotten 90 vacation in the past from talking r telling the truth about a x vendor that was in here.... Robert
Old 07-09-2018, 07:05 AM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I cant wait for them to open this morning so I can start the week of with another phone call and them telling me they will find out and get back to me.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:17 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Update. They say all the materials arrived Friday and they should ship by next Monday. Looks like it will take 2 months to get my parts if I am lucky.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:21 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

All items supposedly shipped today. Will be receiving them on the 23rd.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:58 PM
PG County Boy
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I was interested in purchasing parts from this company a few months ago, and tried to contact them via web contact form and calling their phone number. Negative response after several attempts.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:01 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

UPDATE!!! I received the rest of my parts from RPI today finally after 2 months of waiting. I have to say even though they had their shortfalls in communication and I felt down right lying I am very happy with the quality of my parts.

the splitter fit and finish was great. No modding or adjustment needed and it lined up with the factory holes. Hopefully the skirts and extensions fit a well.

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Designs

Quick Reply: RPI Designs