C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

What's Transferable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Default What's Transferable?

Im going to enjoy this summer with my current Z06 and will order my 2020 ZR1 sometime in the winter but have a couple of questions about whats transferable from the Z06 to the ZR1 so I can plan my swap accordingly.

So I have the Corsa X-Pipe & Extreme cat back system. Can I just swap it out or is the stock system somehow different?

I plan on going with the M7 and replaced the shifter with a nice MGW unit. Can I swap these out?

I have a halltech CAI so Im sure that will be different because of the different motor unless Im missing something.

Might be able to save a few bucks if I can use these parts on the new ZR1? Thanks guys!
Old 07-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Don’t know if you will be able to order a 2020 ZR1, that hasn’t been confirmed.

With that said, here is what I know about your questions:

MGW -same unit, verified with them today.
Corsa X Pipe - will work on ZR1
Halltech will not work.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Regarding the Corsa x-pipe: Since GM themselves had to change much of the exhaust because of the increase in air volume and heat from the LT5 over the LT4, why do we think a Corsa x-pipe designed for a Z06 will be a safe mod? I don't mean for daily putting around but for track driving where the HP will be used and the exhaust heat threshold will be much higher than any street use. I'm not trying to pour cold water on the idea, I am considering an x-pipe for my ZR1 when it arrives. But I won't put any mod on it that isn't safe or appropriate.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Palantirion
Regarding the Corsa x-pipe: Since GM themselves had to change much of the exhaust because of the increase in air volume and heat from the LT5 over the LT4, why do we think a Corsa x-pipe designed for a Z06 will be a safe mod? I don't mean for daily putting around but for track driving where the HP will be used and the exhaust heat threshold will be much higher than any street use. I'm not trying to pour cold water on the idea, I am considering an x-pipe for my ZR1 when it arrives. But I won't put any mod on it that isn't safe or appropriate.
There are plenty of guys who have put the Z06 Corsa X pipe on the ZR1 from what Ive seen in youtube tests etc..

I have a message in to Corsa to verify if it will work, once I hear back I will advise.

Last edited by Nyvetteguy007; 07-19-2018 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Palantirion (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
There are plenty of guys who have put the Z06 Corsa X pipe on the ZR1 from what Ive seen in youtube tests etc..

I have a message in to Corsa to verify if it will work, once I hear back I will advise.
- Yeah, I've undoubtedly seen the same vids - and in large part why I'm interested because I really like the sound. But none of them seriously track their ZR1s. Not that I've seen anyway.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Palantirion
- Yeah, I've undoubtedly seen the same vids - and in large part why I'm interested because I really like the sound. But none of them seriously track their ZR1s. Not that I've seen anyway.
Yeah...I certainly don’t plan on “seriously” tracking my car but occasionally I will...with that said, as soon as I hear from Corsa I will advise....

Get notified of new replies

To What's Transferable?

Quick Reply: What's Transferable?