Chevrolet will Live Stream the 2015 Corvette Z06 and C7.R Reveal at NAIAS
Good news for those who can’t attend the unveiling of the 2015 Corvette Z06 and Corvette Racing’s C7.R at the 2014 North American International Auto Show.
Chevrolet has announced this morning that it will offer a special live stream of the unveiling as well as as a “special event leading up to the Press Conference” on January 13th beginning at 9:30 am EST.
The live stream will be available at Chevrolet.com/Z06reveal beginning at 9:30 am EST and then will segue into the offical 2014 NAIAS Press Conference at 10:00 am EST where the 2015 Corvette Z06 and Corvette Racing’s C7.R will make their first public appearances to the automotive press corps.
Here’s the set up of the event from Chevrolet that has been posted this on their live stream page:
Last January, Chevrolet unveiled the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray, a stunning instrument of precision that went on to become the industry’s most awarded car of the year. This January 13 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Chevrolet will reveal the car that launches the seventh-generation Corvette into supercar territory.
We’re not sure what that special event will be, but we believe it will be a recap of 2014 Corvette Stingray which was officially revealed exactly a year ago on 1.13.13.
That recap may include the final feather in Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter’s cap which would be the highly coveted North American Car of the Year Award which will be officially announced earlier that morning. The 2014 Corvette Stingray joins the 2014 Cadillac CTS Sedan and the 2014 Mazda 3 as the top three finalists for NACOTY honors.
The 2014 Corvette has made an impressive run on the awards and accolades doled out by the automotive magazines, websites and other organizations. Here’s some of the awards the 2014 Corvette Stingray has already received:
- Automobile magazine named Corvette Stingray its Automobile of the Year
- Car and Driver put Corvette Stingray on its annual “10 Best” list
- Road & Track magazine named Corvette Stingray its Performance Car of the Year
- Yahoo! announced its top prize in October, naming Corvette Stingray its 2014 Yahoo Autos Car of the Year
- Forbes magazine called Corvette Stingray the Hottest New Car of the Year
- Autoweek magazine named Corvette Stingray to its Best of the Best
- Popular Science singled out Corvette Stingray twice: first in the magazine’s Best of What’s New feature and later for its performance prowess in its 2014 Auto Excellence Awards
- Esquire magazine called the Corvette Stingray reveal the Automotive Event of the Year
- Kelly Blue Book gave Corvette Stingray two awards, putting it in the Best Resale Value Top 10 and naming it Best Resale Value: High Performance Car
- The Motor Press Guild named Corvette Stingray its inaugural Innovation Vehicle of the Year over $29,000
- IntelliChoice & AutoPacific included Corvette Stingray in their Motorist Choice Awards
- The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada named Corvette Stingray the Best New Sports/Performance Car
- Detroit Free Press named the Corvette Stingray as its Car of the Year
- Bloomberg named Corvette Stingray as its Car of the Year on its list of 2013’s Best Cars
CorvetteBlogger will be at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit next week to cover this special event. Stay tuned and make sure you’re following us on Facebook and Twitter for live updates from the event.
[VIDEO] Chevrolet Introduces the 2015 Corvette’s Performance Data Recorder at CES
Corvette Racing’s C7.R to Debut at Detroit Auto Show with 2015 Corvette Z06
2015 Corvette Z06 to be shown at January’s Detroit Auto Show