Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sirius SIR-GM1 Can it be moved fom one C6 to another

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Pat Salerno
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Sirius SIR-GM1 Can it be moved fom one C6 to another

Can I move My Sirius SIR-GM1 from my 05 C6 to My O6 and have it work without having to get a seperate subscription.
I only drive my 06 occsaionallly and would prefer not to haveto add a seperate tuner and subscription.
Thanks, Pat
Old 03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Pat Salerno
Can I move My Sirius SIR-GM1 from my 05 C6 to My O6 and have it work without having to get a seperate subscription.
I only drive my 06 occsaionallly and would prefer not to haveto add a seperate tuner and subscription.
Thanks, Pat
It doesn't care where it is or what radio it's connected to, unlike the factory XM units. Move as desired, though its form factor doesn't lead to that being terribly easy.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Pat Salerno
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
It doesn't care where it is or what radio it's connected to, unlike the factory XM units. Move as desired, though its form factor doesn't lead to that being terribly easy.
Thanks for the input....by the form factor nnot making that easy are you refering to the Required SDAR adaptor cable or is there something else I'm missing.
I would only move it once a week Max.
Thanks, Pat
Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Pat Salerno
Thanks for the input....by the form factor nnot making that easy are you refering to the Required SDAR adaptor cable or is there something else I'm missing.
I would only move it once a week Max.
Thanks, Pat
Just mean that it's not like the dockable radios where you pop 'em out and move 'em. You have to disconnect the harness plug and antenna. Not difficult but since the box is kinda ugly you usually want to hide it and depending where you mount it that plug/unplug could be inconvenient. Just my usual obssessing.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius SIR-GM1 Can it be moved fom one C6 to another

Quick Reply: Sirius SIR-GM1 Can it be moved fom one C6 to another