Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

08 Base Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 08 Base Radio Question

Did the prior to 2008 base non-bose radio's have the speed controlled volume? I noticed that the one in my 08 does which makes me wonder if the VSS wire is in the wiring harness for the base non-bose 08 radio. If not, how does the speed controlled volume work without the VSS wire?

The reason I ask is I opted not to connect the VSS wire on my AVIC-D3 install since I wasn't real worried about pinpoint accuracy on the nav, but if its convenient I would be more willing.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by mn08vette
Did the prior to 2008 base non-bose radio's have the speed controlled volume? I noticed that the one in my 08 does which makes me wonder if the VSS wire is in the wiring harness for the base non-bose 08 radio. If not, how does the speed controlled volume work without the VSS wire?

The reason I ask is I opted not to connect the VSS wire on my AVIC-D3 install since I wasn't real worried about pinpoint accuracy on the nav, but if its convenient I would be more willing.
IIRC the speed controlled volume is a Bose feature so no. My understanding is that there is no VSS wire present in the non-Bose harness.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I take it the button on the bottom right corner of the base radio labeled "Auto" must use some other method of increasing volume the faster you go? I see this button in pics of 05-08 models so it appears as though it's not unique to the 08 - my deductive reasoning skills then tell me that if the vss wire was not there before, it's not there now...

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Base Radio Question

Quick Reply: 08 Base Radio Question