Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CD magazine stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
FOXMO
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '09

Default CD magazine stuck

I have an '03 vert with a 12 disc, in trunk CD changer. The CD magazine is stuck in the changer and it will not play any discs. When the door is slid open, which is supposed to eject the magazine, the magazine moves 3 or 4 times as if a disc is being loaded. Any ideas on how to remove a stuck CD magazine?
Many thanks!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
FOXMO
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '09

I fixed it. Took it apart, kinda, played around with it, discovered a jammed disc and fixed it! I'm a freaking GENIUS!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Stu Pidasole
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mission of mercy . . .

I also had my 12-disc changer magazine get stuck in my `01 C5 convertible. Mine is a Pioneer and I don't know if that's OEM or not. I'm not an electronic tech, but I'm a DIY person and the shops around here said they wouldn't fix it or wanted hundreds, so I went to work.

The left side bracket bolts are about impossible to get to, had to use pliers to get them loose and turn by hand thereafter. I should have taken those out first because after taking out the right side bolts, the weight of the changer itself made it more difficult to get the left side bolts out as the changer was putting torque against the bolt with nothing to hold it on on the right side. I then disconnected the wire in back and freed it to bring inside and perform surgery.

There were 2 screws on each side and 2 in the back by the power connector that held the black cover in place, then there were about 2 dozen little screws inside that can easily strip if you aren't careful --- I had to use needlenose pliers to get 3 of them out. I finally managed to get my magazine free after quite bit of pulling. The CD that was stuck was scratched too badly to play anymore, but I rescued my other 11 CDs, which was the objective as I feared I wouldn't be able to put the unit back together, and even if I did, I didn't trust it enough to use it again.

Get notified of new replies

To CD magazine stuck

Quick Reply: CD magazine stuck