Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SOUND DEADENING & STEREO INSTALL (step-by-step):

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:31 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Tarheels1
I thoroughly enjoyed your write up. You do things the way I like to do!
Yoe Tarheels1,
There's only one way to do things right, thanks for your comments. That vette was my obsession for sure, but traded her even for a new Silverado LTZ 3 years ago.

I do miss her and I really miss the forum, those days were just the best of my life, and glad I had some vettes along the way!!! But seriously, deaden that sound, in a C7, C10 or whatever, you'll be so glad you did, it makes a huge diff for enjoying the car, even with the top down. Hope whoever has her now is enjoying it. Take care and all the best
Old 01-09-2018, 03:27 PM
josh00saleen
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stereo/Sound deadening install

So does anyone have photos of this that work. I know about the whole photobucket issue as of June/July charging $400 to view images. Anyone have pics that are viewable? Thank you
Old 02-08-2018, 01:18 AM
CaPilotMark
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by josh00saleen
So does anyone have photos of this that work. I know about the whole photobucket issue as of June/July charging $400 to view images. Anyone have pics that are viewable? Thank you
Somebody posted a link to a plugin (I'm using Chrome) so you could see the photobucket pics (I don't remember from where though). I did it a couple of months ago and can see all of the pics in this thread

Last edited by CaPilotMark; 02-08-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:12 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Hey all, I recently re-activated my Photobucket account, so the photos should show here now. Sorry to be so slack but I de-vetted back in 2013, might get another one day though. Peace & good health to you all.
The following users liked this post:
SilverBulletC6Z (10-11-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 10:49 AM
NBVette_Canada
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts

Can anyone tell me what the aluminum door stiffener is? It looks to me like aluminum C-channel but I can't tell and can't judge the size.

RAAM audio don't seem to have it listed on their website any longer either.
Old 01-15-2023, 03:41 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Oh Lordy, after being Vette-less for 10 years I went and just bought a 2003 C5, so will be doing this sound deadening part again (though toned down a touch, the layers were just too thick), that part made a HUGE difference with tire & road noise. As for the stereo, I'm not sure yet what I want to do. I really just want to use my phone for tunes and have a Navigation element larger than the phone. Saw on AliExpress a wireless Nav screen thing that can mount to windshield or other place, but too early to tell. They also had a 13" swivel screen coming off a 1 din receiver, crazy wild stuff. I'll be sharing my journey nonetheless...

Quick Reply: SOUND DEADENING & STEREO INSTALL (step-by-step):