Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sound deading and insulation install new GS coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
C130herc
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sound deading and insulation install new GS coupe

Am I missing something, I have been reading posts for the last hour. I just ordered the vette nuts.net C6 Premium Insulation Layer Ensolite Pre Installed on Foil kit.

Do I need to order raam mat bxtII or an equivalent to complete the deading process? If I understand the posts correctly, to have the best combination of insulation, sound deading and heat suppression you need to do all three layers. Order the bxtII as well, yes or no? Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes. For best results you will need the dampening, as well as insulating. Ensolite and Raamat will be good. I put the insulation on top of those two and it was pretty thick. But does do the job.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I sent you a PM with a site that describes the basics of sound insulation and techniques. It really is a 3 step process of dampening vibrations, blocking sound, and absorbing sound. Thermal insulation sometimes is a byproduct though there are products to specifically do thermal, or sound, sometimes both. researching first will pay off in the long run. Just remember there is no free lunch. To do it and get the maximum results will add weight to the vette. That may or may not be an issue for you, so you have to decide. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 AM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just did my carbon custom and did not use the raamat only the package from Mark with the ensolite. I achieved a 17 db reduction in interior noise. You will have to take your time installing, do it right, do everything to include your doors, and you will get an improvement. Expect some fitment issues with a two layer system (vettenuts) but they will be minor. Add more layers and you will have significant more issues but would get a better db reduction.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

If you are going to go through the trouble of taking everything out of your car to install anything at all. Do it right while you are there. It is a lot of work to get to that point. Might as well put the good stuff in there. It is nice when you close the door after it is done right. The solid thud of a well insulated and dampened vehicle

Get notified of new replies

To Sound deading and insulation install new GS coupe

Quick Reply: Sound deading and insulation install new GS coupe