Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A few C6 Audio/and interior related questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 10:28 AM
pikemike428
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default A few C6 Audio/and interior related questions

So this is a multi part question that I need your help with. I have a 2007 Z06 with a Bose system/NAV, etc. rear speakers are starting to crackle at decent volume. So that is the first thing I want to address.

Secondly-the door speakers/tweeters-what are they best that you guys have used?

Thirdly-want to add a new NAV with Bluetooth and iPhone connectivity/siriusXM

Fourth-maybe a JL Audio 10 or 12 inch sub. Need amp(s) to power all speakers.

Fifth-have 2 other things I need to address-I have a really annoying rattle in my drivers side door. How do I fix? Also am missing the 2 little screws that hold the plastic under halo cover in place which are just above the passenger and driver head area??

Thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2016, 10:22 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

For 1-4, figure out your budget range for the entire project, then call Dennis at DoubleDmods.com He can get everything you need and customize it just for you so you get the best possible gear for the amount you're willing to spend.

You can do a budget build, but since you're asking about "the best we've used" I'd expect the project to run you at least $2.5K for front components, rear coaxials, sub, 5-channel amp, wires/adapters, and a new HU.

5a, while you have the door apart to replace the speakers, pound on it or slam it so you can isolate the source of the rattle, then tighten/wrap/remove whatever it is. If it's the speaker grill buzzing you can usually bend the tabs that hold it in place so it doesn't move any more. If the Bose emblem is loose a drop of superglue will fix it.

5b, if I'm thinking of the right piece you just need a few of these:

Any auto parts store should have them, or eBay also.
The following users liked this post:
pikemike428 (04-09-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:41 PM
pikemike428
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
For 1-4, figure out your budget range for the entire project, then call Dennis at DoubleDmods.com He can get everything you need and customize it just for you so you get the best possible gear for the amount you're willing to spend.

You can do a budget build, but since you're asking about "the best we've used" I'd expect the project to run you at least $2.5K for front components, rear coaxials, sub, 5-channel amp, wires/adapters, and a new HU.

5a, while you have the door apart to replace the speakers, pound on it or slam it so you can isolate the source of the rattle, then tighten/wrap/remove whatever it is. If it's the speaker grill buzzing you can usually bend the tabs that hold it in place so it doesn't move any more. If the Bose emblem is loose a drop of superglue will fix it.

5b, if I'm thinking of the right piece you just need a few of these:

Any auto parts store should have them, or eBay also.
Ive tried a bunch of different kinds of those tabs, and none of them seem to work....has been driving my OCD crazy. lol

The rattle is in the upper part of the door near the lock/unlock light. If I push it in, the rattle goes away.

I have seen a bunch of folks seem to go to Double D. Must be a great shop. Wish there was something like them local here in Miami where i could drop it off and have a shop that knows what they are doing here in Miami do the install.

Get notified of new replies

To A few C6 Audio/and interior related questions

Quick Reply: A few C6 Audio/and interior related questions