Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoosier Wets

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Kschwamy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hoosier Wets

If any of you have run Hoosier Wets at the track can you give me an idea of what tire pressure you were/are using? The web site says 5 lbs higher than normal but since they are DOT is that 5 lbs higher than A3S04's or 05's or is that 5lbs higher than the 32 you run on your normal street tires.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 PM
larryfs
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

all of the guys who actually run the wets are too busy with their once a year argument. maybe they'll be kind enough to share their experience with you................... when their done.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Many ppl also think unless you are involved in a W2W championship fight then running in the rain is not worth the risk.

Just run your street wheels and tires and slow way down.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:09 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Kschwamy
If any of you have run Hoosier Wets at the track can you give me an idea of what tire pressure you were/are using? The web site says 5 lbs higher than normal but since they are DOT is that 5 lbs higher than A3S04's or 05's or is that 5lbs higher than the 32 you run on your normal street tires.

Thanks for the help.
Hey Schwamy, I'd say that the recommendations are relative to the pressure you'd run in your DOT dry tires. That is if you run 30 in your A05's, try 35 in your Wets.

Your Hoosier wets will rock.

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Many ppl also think unless you are involved in a W2W championship fight then running in the rain is not worth the risk.

It's worth it if you've spent all season going to various tracks as part of a time trial series where your cumulative time decides your placing position, the Hoosier Wets on one rainy day could be the difference between 2nd or 6th place in the Championship.

Last edited by 69autoXr; 10-20-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Kschwamy
Drifting

Hey Schwamy, I'd say that the recommendations are relative to the pressure you'd run in your DOT dry tires. That is if you run 30 in your A05's, try 35 in your Wets.
Chris

thanks for your thought and that is where I was going. It looks like the weather for Sunday's race will require the use of the wets and maybe a snow shovel. Hope the weather is better on your side of the state.

Good luck this weekend, kick butt.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Kschwamy
Drifting

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Thanks for the help and if I were running a HPDE event I would stay home but since it is scheduled event and I have wets I was just trying to be sure that I maximized their potential.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Kschwamy
Chris

thanks for your thought and that is where I was going. It looks like the weather for Sunday's race will require the use of the wets and maybe a snow shovel. Hope the weather is better on your side of the state.

Good luck this weekend, kick butt.
Good luck to you too Buddy! Hope the weather holds up for all of us!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

TT and championships absoutly, HPDEs? Next event.

Get notified of new replies

To Hoosier Wets

Quick Reply: Hoosier Wets