Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA TT point calculator

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:28 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default NASA TT point calculator

NASA on line TT point calculator

http://nasa-tt.com/TT_Classer

Started out in TTB then being real conservative AND useing DOT Rs addd 37 points to be in TTA.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
bowmanm98

Yeah I start out as TTA* as well next year. Plus 5 for R-comps so there isn't much room to manuever before I'm bumped up a class. So far I'm thinking Heads/Cam +8 or Coilover and Sways +9.

Good luck this year. How many TT's have you done so far?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
Yeah I start out as TTA* as well next year. Plus 5 for R-comps so there isn't much room to manuever before I'm bumped up a class. So far I'm thinking Heads/Cam +8 or Coilover and Sways +9.

Good luck this year. How many TT's have you done so far?
What car are you running? If you're running a Z you only have 12 points to play with. With a Z the points you've listed above will kick you into TTU.

Which R compounds are you running? Kumhos and Hoosiers at +7.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:16 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TT calculator is going to change real soon, I wouldn't use the calculator to make plans for next year. New rules should be out soon.................I am anxiously awaiting to see if they have fixed the problems I am aware of . I understand the current TTU class is going to be split into two classes. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

You're right, Danny. Should be some help for the Z06's.... maybe. Camber will be free from what I understand and hopefully a clear answer to ECU questions.

2007 should be interesting.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:09 PM
bowmanm98

Originally Posted by Falcon
What car are you running? If you're running a Z you only have 12 points to play with. With a Z the points you've listed above will kick you into TTU.

Which R compounds are you running? Kumhos and Hoosiers at +7.
I have a C6 with Z51 package. Not sure on tires yet. I just got it so I am still deciding on setup. Probably like a 19x11 rear and 305 MPSC(MPSC= Michelin Pilot Sport Cup) or some hoo hoos on the stock wheels. I need to get a trans cooler installed and an oil cooler. I thought the Z51 package came with one but I guess not now. At least I have the 315s with the A4, I made a mistake and got the auto.

Also I have +7 for the c6 and the tires take me up to 12 so I only have 7 mod points to work with before TTU? What is the best I can do for 7 points? Coilovers I suppose. Might be able to work in some Z06 sways for no point deduction. Also I have seats and dry cell battery from my last car that will fit with different mounts. Sparco Roadsters. I'm starting to get excited.

I initially had plans for an APS TT kit but so far I haven't exactly gotten a glowing endorcement for that plan.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

I have a C6 with Z51 package. Not sure on tires yet. I just got it so I am still deciding on setup. Probably like a 19x11 rear and 305 MPSC(MPSC= Michelin Pilot Sport Cup) or some hoo hoos on the stock wheels. I need to get a trans cooler installed and an oil cooler. I thought the Z51 package came with one but I guess not now. At least I have the 315s with the A4, I made a mistake and got the auto.

Also I have +7 for the c6 and the tires take me up to 12 so I only have 7 mod points to work with before TTU? What is the best I can do for 7 points? Coilovers I suppose. Might be able to work in some Z06 sways for no point deduction. Also I have seats and dry cell battery from my last car that will fit with different mounts. Sparco Roadsters. I'm starting to get excited.

I initially had plans for an APS TT kit but so far I haven't exactly gotten a glowing endorcement for that plan.
I'd seriously consider the +7 tires (Kumho/Hoosier), brake pads, and T1 or equilivant A/S bars. If you use the alternate weight method, you can replace the seats for problably no points, depending on how much weight you reduse. You have 100#'s to play with before you get penalized.

All of this is based on the 2006 rules, but as Raftracer said, new rules are coming out in a couple of weeks so I wouldn't do anything, yet.

If they don't do something about the AWD, Turboed cars, us guys in 'Vettes don't stand a chance to win the Nationals.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

What's the TTA class look like? Many Vettes ? What else?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:59 PM
bowmanm98

What are the options available for the sway bars? T1? Where can I get those? Link? I saw the Adjustable Pfatft ones but they are like 800 bucks. Any other options.

In regard to the +7 hoosiers, I'd love to but I have to drive to the track. How do you guys get your tires to the track? Do you use hoosiers? How many days do you get out of a set?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

What are the options available for the sway bars? T1? Where can I get those? Link? I saw the Adjustable Pfatft ones but they are like 800 bucks. Any other options.

In regard to the +7 hoosiers, I'd love to but I have to drive to the track. How do you guys get your tires to the track? Do you use hoosiers? How many days do you get out of a set?
I use T1's I bought from Fred Beans (Forum vendor- he has an ad on the left side of the screen somewhere) but others use other brands.

I haul my car to the track so I use Kumho 710's. Without sticky tires like those or Hoosiers you'll be toast at the Nationals since everyone there is somewhat serious about quickness. Depending on the region, the less than 710's or Hoosiers will probably be okay, you might get a podium.

My 710's will last a couple of weekends with pretty good grip, but the grip starts falling off after that, but they're still useable.

The NASA TT's have generated a lot excitement and it was fun last year. The new year promises even more. You should really enjoy yourself and have a lot of fun. BTW, what region are you?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker
What's the TTA class look like? Many Vettes ? What else?
In 2006 at the Nationals the TTA group was Z06's, souped up M3's, really built Audi AWD/Twin Turbo, tweaked Zr1 and equvilant type cars.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Lots of changed by the end of the month. New rules hopefully on Nov 30.

I asked about the VVC several months ago. I was told it most likely will be GPC - Grand Production Class, now it looks like it will be ST or Super Touring and PT or Performance Touring.

TT points Rules may be based of the these ST and PT ??

Last edited by AU N EGL; 11-24-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Reading between the lines it looks like TT and PT (race version of TT) will still be based on points with the major changes coming in the way we have to take points for tires and a few other items.

The Unlimited Race class looks like it will be Super Touring 1 and 2 and might (guessing) be based on HP/wt. more like the American Iron class. Who knows for TTU??

My crystal ball thinks C4's will be bumped up a class and that might create a domino effect of other Corvettes being bumped as well. Last years Zo6 "A" cars to ST1, C4's to B or A.........

Drum roll for Nov. 30th
Old 11-24-2006, 01:55 PM
danswofford
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run Kumho's and I drive them to my local track which is only 40 miles or so. Any farther and I'd trailer the rig.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:09 PM
danswofford
Pro

I've been watching NASA TT from the sidelines for a little while and plan to jump in at TTU with my 02 Z next year (or whatever class it settles in with the rule changes).

My impression is that NASA TT is a cheaters paradise. For example, last week I saw car in TTU that had every imaginable add on, a supercharger from hell and was insanely fast. If I had half the stuff he had bolted on I'd be in TTR running my street car against race cars.

I think that NASA should put every car on a dyno and a weight scale and just divide the cars up acording to weight to power and forget about the cheaters paradise called points.

Another thought is that time trialing is going to be the next big thing. HPDE gets old fast with the lack of competition and for many, or most of us, enthusiasts wheel to wheel racing is too expensive, too technical or too time consuming to consider.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Ryokosman
Cruising

I'll be jumping in with the TX region next year with a co-driver also. Be in TTU with a under prepared Z. We'll be bringing up the rear on the times so no worries guys!
Old 11-24-2006, 03:48 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by danswofford
Another thought is that time trialing is going to be the next big thing. HPDE gets old fast with the lack of competition and for many, or most of us, enthusiasts wheel to wheel racing is too expensive, too technical or too time consuming to consider.
W2W still may be safter then TT.

YOur idea of putting cars on a Dyno, NASA approved shop dyno twice a year, then on the scales at the event. Then classify

Get notified of new replies

To NASA TT point calculator

Old 11-24-2006, 03:59 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

for W2W

Performacne Touring --> Super Touring --> Super Unlimited

Old 11-24-2006, 03:59 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
YOur idea of putting cars on a Dyno, NASA approved shop dyno twice a year, then on the scales at the event. Then classify
With spot checks for turbo cars that can dial the boost however they like? And then comes the fun of how do you deal with the AWD Turbo cars... AWD dynos are hard to find in a lot of places, and as the NASA forums keep saying, AWD dyno time is really expensive so a lot of cars are road-tuned to start with.

I'm curious to see how this plays out as my stripped/modded '87 RX-7 TurboII starts in TTE* and if I used last years calculator correctly it'd land next to my '06 C6 in TTA. Doesn't seem like a fair fight when the RX-7 should make the same power, but weigh significantly less... but the RX-7 can't wear the same sized shoes...

Who knows. Sounds like some new PTx class may keep my RX-7 out of SU, anyway... with all the whining on the NASA forums I'd almost rather run TTU than TTA even if the car fit... I'd rather go enjoy the day than get whined at/about all the time.

That said, for those with a more competitive nature I hope they sort out the classing. I get to watch this from both sides with a turbo'd rotary and the C6 ... only thing missing is an Evo or STi to see the whole picture.

glen
Old 11-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Boys, I gave my best shot at the TT Nationals last year, next year it's up to y'all. When I got my *** handed to me by an Audi AWD Twin Turbo (450 AWHP), I figured I'm too old to fight the battle. Raftracer can show 'em what a 'Vette can do.

I plan on being at the Nationals as a crew member for someone. Raft & Jesse said I could help them.

Quick Reply: NASA TT point calculator