Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any Utah clubs i could join...to run at Miller Motorsports track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Lee6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any Utah clubs i could join...to run at Miller Motorsports track?

did a search but couldn't find anything.....

i've run with NCRC (Northern California Racing Club, multi-marquee) on over 20 of their club, HPDE days.....and i'm dying to drive over to Utah to try the Miller Motorsports track.....does anyone know a club in Utah that i could tag along on one of their HPDE days?

thanks.........Lee
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at their calendar. It'll tell you what orgs. are using it. Looks like they have regular schools and open lapping days.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...s-calendar.php
Old 03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Lee6
Pro

Originally Posted by tcmc5
Take a look at their calendar. It'll tell you what orgs. are using it. Looks like they have regular schools and open lapping days.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...s-calendar.php
i already did that....but their calendar is kinda lame, in that they will state some generic name for the club running that day, e.g., "audi club" and then not state any contact info or give any links

that's why i gave up and tried posting here.....
Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Lee,
You came to the right place! Contact either Bob Read at 435 513 1434 or Jeff Blonder at 801 205 5605. They run a group called Lapping Days at Miller and are by far the best organization that I run/instruct at! Their groups are generally Intermediate or better, and give you the most track time for your money.

They have also instituted a more advanced driver instruction program this year geared more towards the driver who has a fair amount of track experience. Be sure and tell them that Bob Evans sent you..... (not that it will get you anything special, but hey...it gives me "Brownie Points!)
Old 03-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Lee6
Pro

Originally Posted by Too Tall Bob
Lee,
You came to the right place! Contact either Bob Read at 435 513 1434 or Jeff Blonder at 801 205 5605. They run a group called Lapping Days at Miller and are by far the best organization that I run/instruct at! Their groups are generally Intermediate or better, and give you the most track time for your money.

They have also instituted a more advanced driver instruction program this year geared more towards the driver who has a fair amount of track experience. Be sure and tell them that Bob Evans sent you..... (not that it will get you anything special, but hey...it gives me "Brownie Points!)
thank you very much! (i knew that our forum would pull through)....i will call one of them today.....
Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 AM
c4pappy
Advanced

If I found the right link, those days are pretty expensive with the lapping day guys but probably worth it. Whoa, edit, it says 3 1/2 hours of track time, that's huge.

Also google "SCCA Utah" and go to the road race section. There is a schedule for our PDX's. Cheaper and fun and well run. About 1 hour 25 minutes of track time for around $150.

Miller has open track days and only one is full track (that I could see). The Miller website is hard to navigate but if you can, do that full track day as the full track is the most fun I've ever had in a car!!

Cannon

Last edited by c4pappy; 03-12-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Lapping Days will give you more track time than anybody else, mostly because they cater to the more experienced driver and usually only run two run-groups.

The biggest problem with running at Miller's Open track days is the LACK of track time because the track is shared with motorcycles as well. Plus, you are required to pay $100 for a check-out drive before they will let you onto the track, no matter what your prior experience is.

The management at Miller's has convinced themselves that they can charge alot more this year than last year for track time, so those costs must be passed on to the car clubs as well. You will see a sharp increase in track day prices coming from all the clubs this year.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Tall Bob
You will see a sharp increase in track day prices coming from all the clubs this year.
PPL are seeing this all across the country.

Or clubs will pack the run groups with so many cars, that the fun level drops.

Get notified of new replies

To any Utah clubs i could join...to run at Miller Motorsports track?

Quick Reply: any Utah clubs i could join...to run at Miller Motorsports track?