Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VBP C5 Spherical AS Bar Links

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default VBP C5 Spherical AS Bar Links

I have this really cool package of VBP links for my semi-massive new bars. My problem is in the installation . They have 2 short and 2 long bushings per link. 1 each on the upper bolt to the bar does not seem to work too well - it does not leave enough bolt for the nylock nut I think...but that may be correct?

I searched their website and saw no help there.

Any pictures of these bad boys installed?

Any guidance greatly appreciated....

thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Slalom4me
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Pattie Cooke, Sales Mgr for VBP (Vette Brakes and Products) is
active on the forum. She posts as member 'VBP'.

A PM or email to her might lead to a response - I imagine you are
hoping to get to work before VB&P opens for business next week.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

I got some used T1 bars and end links. A couple of the end links were binding a bit so I bought some new ones from VBP.

I installed them just the way they came. The end links stand up pretty much perpendicular to the ground and fit about the same as the GM ones. The small sleeve goes on the bolt against the head. Then the bolt through the spherical bearing. Then the long bushing on the bolt. Then the bolt through the sway bar. Then the nylock nut. Once tightened down the nose of the bolt shows just a bit past the end of the nut. It seems to hold in place well. I've got 2 track weekends on them and only issue I have is the bars have moved and inch off center towards one side of the car. I believe I have it set right with no preload, but I could be wrong...

Btw, the darned things clank all the time and when i go through the parking lot at work over the speed bumps I get some funny looks from people...

Graham
Old 06-02-2007, 05:29 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Jeff,

I got some used T1 bars and end links. A couple of the end links were binding a bit so I bought some new ones from VBP.

I installed them just the way they came. The end links stand up pretty much perpendicular to the ground and fit about the same as the GM ones. The small sleeve goes on the bolt against the head. Then the bolt through the spherical bearing. Then the long bushing on the bolt. Then the bolt through the sway bar. Then the nylock nut. Once tightened down the nose of the bolt shows just a bit past the end of the nut. It seems to hold in place well. I've got 2 track weekends on them and only issue I have is the bars have moved and inch off center towards one side of the car. I believe I have it set right with no preload, but I could be wrong...

Btw, the darned things clank all the time and when i go through the parking lot at work over the speed bumps I get some funny looks from people...

Graham
Thanks Graham - I knew they would sound like castenets from my Z28...Thats the way I have them put in - I was just wondering if I did it right or not!

We hang the exhaust tomorrow and the 99 FRC is ready to terrorize the unsuspecting at Rockingham in 2 weeks...assuming there are not oil leaks, the trans and drivetrain are trouble free now and I get the ride height set right, get it corner wieghted and aligned..

By the way - Pattie@VBP nows me well by now!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:41 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VBP end links are noisier than the GM end links. But the price is great. You get enough turns on the nut that it holds. It just looks like you would rally want more turns.

Jody had told me with the T1 bars the car would turn better and accelerating through turns would be better. He wasn't kidding. With the addition of some Hoosiers so the car has better stick they work great! I don't really notice any difference on the street so it really doesn't bother me for daily driving.

Good luck with the FRC!

If I can get my car back together in time I'll be down at Roebling in mid-June with THSCC.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:55 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vms4evr
...If I can get my car back together in time I'll be down at Roebling in mid-June with THSCC.
I had three choices for Father's day weekend - Rock, CMP or Roebling. I picked my least favorite track due to TT points - I will be at the Rock. But it will be nice to see how the "new" stuff compares with our April run times there...
Old 06-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
I had three choices for Father's day weekend - Rock, CMP or Roebling. I picked my least favorite track due to TT points - I will be at the Rock. But it will be nice to see how the "new" stuff compares with our April run times there...
I'll bet still not fast enough to pass an ol' camaro at VIR !
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Timz06
I'll bet still not fast enough to pass an ol' camaro at VIR !
It has not been hard to pass it anywhere else

I guess it will not be together for Rockingham?

We are looking forward to seeing you at VIR ...

Get notified of new replies

To VBP C5 Spherical AS Bar Links

Quick Reply: VBP C5 Spherical AS Bar Links