Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between Street and Pro LG headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:12 AM
RobertEarl
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Difference between Street and Pro LG headers

Ok what is the difference between the LG motor sports Street and Pro headers. All the web site says is that the street series does not have the premium features of the pro. What the heck are the premium features?????

Reb
Old 11-10-2007, 09:52 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by RobertEarl
Ok what is the difference between the LG motor sports Street and Pro headers. All the web site says is that the street series does not have the premium features of the pro. What the heck are the premium features?????

Reb

This would be my domain

* Collectors
* X pipe Size and Construction
* Size of rear pipes, X pipe and Cats

We still use our exact Primary Tube orientation, length and sizeing on both LG Headers.

We recommend the Street series when the car is not going to have extensive internal engine modifications. So if you were going to put headers on a stock engine or even a small cam and air filter only, then the Street Series would be a great header and still show a great hp increase and huge torque increase.

It is when you are looking for the Max Hp from many engine mods, like beter heads, cam, forged bottom end etc that you would want to go with our LG Pro Long Tube Headers.

The LG Street Series are a very good header, still made from 304 stainless but without some of the expensive features pointed out earlier.

The differences are as follows:

Collectors on the LG Pros are a 3" Race Style "Merge" Collector like what is used on the race cars. The Merge Collector is more expensive to build but it broadens the entire hp and torque range. Again, it is not necessary if the goal is not "Max HP". The Street Series Collectors are a Stamped industry standard collector design but not a "Merge".

The LG Pro LT Headers also have a full 3" fabricated Siamese X pipe and full 3" pipes all the way back to the rear mufflers. The Street Series have a lower cost "Stamped" X pipe to save money and the size is reduced to the stock size of 2 1/2" pipes to further keep the cost down.

The entire system even in the Street Series is still 304 Stainless Steel but the cost savings from the machine stamped and smaller X pipe and 2 1/2" rear pipes, in addition to the standard, non merge, collectors is what saves the money.

The Street Series is the same construction as some higher priced headers on the market but we pass the savings on to the customers.

So if you are looking for a fully modified engine with MAX HP, then the LG Pro Long Tube headers are the answer. But if you are not "going all the way" then you will still see 25 hp+ gains with the Street Series because an unmodified engine does not need the extra capacity that the PRO Long Tubes offer.

I hope that I expalined this clearly.

Feel free to call our sales dept and they will help you out.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

PS, We will have our Street Series available for the C6 by Christmas

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
The following users liked this post:
Elijah71 (01-02-2021)
Old 11-10-2007, 01:48 PM
RobertEarl
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is just the reply I was looking for. Thanks! I have a small cam and some head work so it sounds like the STREET Series are just what I am looking for. I mainly do autocross and HPDEs.

Do these still retain all of the O2 sensors or will I have to delete the rear ones with HPTuners?

Reb
Old 11-10-2007, 02:45 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by RobertEarl
That is just the reply I was looking for. Thanks! I have a small cam and some head work so it sounds like the STREET Series are just what I am looking for. I mainly do autocross and HPDEs.

Do these still retain all of the O2 sensors or will I have to delete the rear ones with HPTuners?

Reb
They retain locations for all four sensors. For autoX and track use typically only the fronts are used.

Get notified of new replies

To Difference between Street and Pro LG headers

Quick Reply: Difference between Street and Pro LG headers