Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrades for the Pooooorsche...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Upgrades for the Pooooorsche...

I was never totally thrilled with the software tune on my car once I found out who it was from, and I wasn't so sure how "safe" or optimal the tune was. In the porsche world there aren't to many "Jeff Creeches" running around, and that's a true shame because a guy like Jeff could make a fortune!

So after much research and consternation I decided on a tuner and have started the process of upgrading the total package. the added bonus is an increase in torque and HP up to about 35 of each (Already making 510WHP/532#ft. torque) and the boost and throttle response will be much more predictable, and less abrupt. I'll also have a much safer AFR. I didn't buy the "race tune" file "yet". That tune is good into the 560-575WHP range on 100+octane...

I'm also upgrading the front brakes to 14inch 2 piece rotors/forged calipers, and that should aid in my ability to stop this car longer, deeper, and more consistantly over a three day weekend. The software/wastegate/FPR mods will be done by the weekend!

Next spring at the track should be fun!
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. I bet that thing is a blast on track!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Sounds like fun mike, make sure you get some AP600 or Motul 600 because stopping all that weight is taxing on the fluids and pads/rotors etc.

I dont know how you are going to manage to use all of that power, mine has about 480-490 whp and is a handful.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

I've been running SRF or Motul RBF600 all season, and now have a case of RBF600.

Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mikelly, I've wanted to ask about your signature picture ever since joining the forum; are you really pulling the front tires off the ground at the strip or is a "fun" photoshop? Very cool either way.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened to the 240Z project? :-)

I ask as I think of my RX-7 project and how much faster the C6 is stock...
Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
Mikelly, I've wanted to ask about your signature picture ever since joining the forum; are you really pulling the front tires off the ground at the strip or is a "fun" photoshop? Very cool either way.
That picture is NOT photoshopped. There was a guy there taking pics of the cars at the private track day rental at MIR and someone else forwarded it to me thru another forum. They also had a clip of it on video.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-23-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gkmccready
What happened to the 240Z project? :-)

I ask as I think of my RX-7 project and how much faster the C6 is stock...
The datsun project is coming along. I'm in the "home" stretch and it should be on the track come spring...

Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Upgrades are complete and this car is now officially scary.

It's making a ton more power from off idle to redline, and the throttle response is amazing. I now have zero lag and it builds more speed than I could ever imagine. In my "test" drive yesterday I got the car loose in 4th gear at 6K rpms. Those who've owned a sport bike and experienced the acceleration, it's just like that, but faster. I'm still amazed it took me this long to get on the stick and have a custom software tune done.

Within the next two weeks I'll get a dyno run or two in. I want to know what it's putting down, then I need to find some 100 octane race gas and see what that additional 35WHP will put me at... Gonna be a "fun" year running this on the road course!
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrades for the Pooooorsche...

Quick Reply: Upgrades for the Pooooorsche...