Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pads how to bed in at track??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New pads how to bed in at track??

Ok.... so i have a set of napa rotors on the Z with GM pads that have about 3/4 left good enough for my march 3rd VIR event... but to be safe I bought another set of pads and threw in the track box.... then it dawned on me ... If i have to put the pads in at the track how do you complete the bedding in while at the track? I dont think you can do it before ya leave... so how are most getting around this?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just stuff em in there!!! the first run they might be a bit wishy washy and may vibrate but the next run they should be fine. some times i pre bed them but i dont notice much of a difference just blead before you go out. and again before you go out for a second run..: some times i run a few slow laps in the middle of the first run to let them cool a bit..
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
just stuff em in there!!! the first run they might be a bit wishy washy and may vibrate but the next run they should be fine. some times i pre bed them but i dont notice much of a difference just blead before you go out. and again before you go out for a second run..: some times i run a few slow laps in the middle of the first run to let them cool a bit..
same here usually fade a bit first heat then after cool down work good next heat

g/l
Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Paul

I use Pulley Town road. between Mitchell Mill and Fowlers road. Along the Cattle farm. No driveways, and you can see 1/2 mile

It is about a mile from my house, 4 miles from your place.

at the track Just stuff them in there, take a slight drive down the entry road and hit the brakes hard. Just dont go to fast there

Get notified of new replies

To New pads how to bed in at track??

Quick Reply: New pads how to bed in at track??