Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road racing while standing still

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:33 AM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Road racing while standing still

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp

And I thought my police state was bad.
The ash tray is dirty, arrest him, beat him, hold him up for the world to see, he is a very bad man.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:37 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Unbelievable.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

What is more dangerous? Street racing / car gathering or a Police state?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

wow, just wow. I wonder how many crimes were being committed while those 50 squad cars we being used as road blocks instead of making the streets safe?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is the beginning of how they will target cars on the street. They will look for mods even like headers which are not emission approved and start writng.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 AM
jkonkle
Go big or don't go...
Support Corvetteforum!

Hmm, this is interesting.

This is the equivalent of writing tickets on private property, NO?

In Austin they passed a law that says if the parking lot is marked "no loitering" then they can arrive, demand keys and tow. However, the enforcement is based on mass loitering.

I think meeting someone in a parking, if just briefly is okay.

I find that whole article a bit despicable, if you are street racing then HP isn't really that big a deal. You need suspension and a big brake kit :-)

Finally, they did arrive after 11pm and I know where we "cruise in" after 11pm the mild crowd has switched to wild...

JK
Old 04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was ONE side of the story only. I mean your telling me that 100 young ricers kids get together and no one was pulling away fast or being wreckless, or doing something illegal? When we were kids and got together in parking lots to hang out and look at cars, the cops ALWAYS came and told us to leave and searched our cars and wrote tickets if anyone did not kiss their ***. I can't remember a time when we didn't get hassled and this was long before ricer days existed.

I doubt we (grown men for the most part) have anything to worry about in Corvette's. Maybe if you hang out with 18 year olds on Friday nights. I have run open pipes on the street with the last 4 cars and never get looked at twice
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
That was ONE side of the story only. I mean your telling me that 100 young ricers kids get together and no one was pulling away fast or being wreckless, or doing something illegal? When we were kids and got together in parking lots to hang out and look at cars, the cops ALWAYS came and told us to leave and searched our cars and wrote tickets if anyone did not kiss their ***. I can't remember a time when we didn't get hassled and this was long before ricer days existed.

I doubt we (grown men for the most part) have anything to worry about in Corvette's. Maybe if you hang out with 18 year olds on Friday nights. I have run open pipes on the street with the last 4 cars and never get looked at twice
I had my Z impounded for 30 days thanks to a dickless cop that THOUGHT i was street racing (i'd like to know how I could have with temps in the 40s and moisture all over the ground).

Thats the reason I left the PRK and won't ever go back.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunately the cheap power and wannabe video game playing "racer" crowd has brought about most of this often times overly reactive enforcement of proper laws and many that are unconstitutional. I had my rights violated in SoCal but a spineless body builder cop back in 03.

If not for being very much in public he would of probably kicked my *** for what I said about his attitude and behaviour, after I was nice and he was a total jerkoff and wrote me up for a loud exhaust on a very quite car when at least 50 Harleys and lifted trucks drove by.

I explained it quite well to the judge I had to go see, in no simple terms, and she agree and dropped the case.

--------------------------------------

It is far safer, far more profitable and far more politically correct to target an easy audience than go after real criminals so I do not expect anything to change for the good.

Out of control street racers deserve what they get but the rest of us should not have to pay for their stupidity.

(I am not against having some fun on the street, as long as you know there are two or more pedals in the car and when and how to use them appropriately. I just find it is not that fun with todays fast tires and cheap power, the track is so much better that the street is either boring or just being dumb using much of what we can do so easily now)

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Road racing while standing still

Quick Reply: Road racing while standing still