Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New ZR1 - turbos and other scrapped ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default New ZR1 - turbos and other scrapped ideas

Interesting email I got from my Corvette club:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 3:18 pm
Subject: Bay State Corvette Club Update

Also last Saturday, Bert, Marie, and John R. attended the sneak peak presentation of the new ZR1 at the Attleboro Arts Museum. Bert said that Kirk Bennion gave a very informative insight into the design of the new ZR1. A wing, similar to the C6R wing, along with louvered fenders and a hood, were scrapped because their negatives out weighed their benefits. The car also started out as a twin turbo, but after the prototype burned to the ground due to an engine malfunction, that idea was scrapped. There were 27, or so, name/logo combinations, before ZR1 was chosen. The Corvette Action Center recorded a long portion of Kirk's presentation. Check it out at:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...d.php?t=103524
Andy
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How much good is a wing on a street car then add another $5-7000 by the time they do it or more. Them many would hate it anyway like the window. personally the window is something different doesn't matter to me either way. I had heard those facts before. news
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 778 Likes on 557 Posts

Something sounds incomplete about giving up just because one car burned up. There's got to be more to the story.

Get notified of new replies

To New ZR1 - turbos and other scrapped ideas

Quick Reply: New ZR1 - turbos and other scrapped ideas