Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dave Murry track days?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dave Murry track days?

Anybody do any events with "Dave Murry"
http://www.davidmurry.com.php5-2.dfw...etestlink.com/

He has VIR out for 21-22 October. I've been doing HPDE for 10yrs in the mid atlantic area. I've not heard of this school. Does he run a good event? It's only open to experienced drivers.... is it just open track time ala Seat time at Summit?

thx
dan
Old 09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Dave Murry is the 3rd driver for the Roberstons Ford GT in the ALMS GT2 Cars

Plus quite a history of racing other cars

Link Here
Old 09-11-2009, 01:13 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

He's a big Porsche racer also, I think his events are most likely intended for those used to open passing. Probably more of a "test day" than a "track day".
Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Hummm..... I don't mind open passing as long as we are not 'rubbin fenders. If it's a good schooling event, then it might be worth the tarriff. he's expensive... $699 for two week days. That 's about ~300 more than most weekend events

dan
Old 09-12-2009, 07:42 AM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

OK... i went back to his wesite. Yup... it's open track time..... 9-5pm with an hour off for lunch. Might be fun~
Old 09-12-2009, 07:46 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

I would not say it is a typical DE. More of open passing / testing sessions for IMSA Porsche GT3s, Porsche Cup cars and the Robertson two ALMS GT40s.

It will be bloody fast track time. Which can be a good thing.

Have you ever done the Synergy events in Oct at VIR? Normally the fastest group you need a race lic, IMSA, Grand AM, FIA, SCCA or NASA, or PBOA and rollcagged race ready and log booked car.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, my car is famous That is my QS C5Z getting ready to smoke the Porsche outta the toe..or did I get smoked going into the toe, hmmm.

I am a bit surprised that this is open to the public. These guys ran with our invitation only club, Group 52. The cars are very fast and drivers are expected to maintain very high SA and be predictable at all times.

If you are thinking of signing up, be realistic when evaluating your abilities; I suspect they will be highly intolerant of drivers not up to the task. Group52, for example, will immediately and permanently toss both the offending driver as well as the driver that recommended the sub-standard driver as capable.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:28 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

In other words one needs to be runng consistant 2:10s or better on VIR full.
and 2:10 would be considered slow.

GT3 Cup cars, Ferrari Challenge cars, and 997GT2 cars will run sub 2:00 / lap
Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

I think any of our corvettes are fast enough to play with these guys. I am stock from a power perspective, so it is incumbent upon me to be aware of the fast guys behind me, modifying my speed as necessary such that I provide a passing opportunity for fast guys without impeding their lap or becoming a rolling road block or hazard.

If you are like this guy: Unqualified , don't even bother wasting your time. Point-Byes were required at this event; the little yellow radical is no longer welcome.

Last edited by kmagvette; 09-12-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

guys should have used his turn signals then
Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 PM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kmagvette
I think any of our corvettes are fast enough to play with these guys. I am stock from a power perspective, so it is incumbent upon me to be aware of the fast guys behind me, modifying my speed as necessary such that I provide a passing opportunity for fast guys without impeding their lap or becoming a rolling road block or hazard.

If you are like this guy: Unqualified , don't even bother wasting your time. Point-Byes were required at this event; the little yellow radical is no longer welcome.
dude.... your are more patient then me! I would have passed his dumb **** a lot sooner!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
danbo56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I would not say it is a typical DE. More of open passing / testing sessions for IMSA Porsche GT3s, Porsche Cup cars and the Robertson two ALMS GT40s.

It will be bloody fast track time. Which can be a good thing.

Have you ever done the Synergy events in Oct at VIR? Normally the fastest group you need a race lic, IMSA, Grand AM, FIA, SCCA or NASA, or PBOA and rollcagged race ready and log booked car.
I've haven't done any Synegy events. I might be fun to get out with some fast company for a few days. I don't know what kinda of lap time I run at VIR, but at Summit my times are c/w the A-sedan and Am Iron and T-1 times. I dont know what those classes run at VIR, but I should be around thase lap times.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:10 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

You be fine

T1 is a lot faster then AI or A-Sedan at VIR.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by danbo56
dude.... your are more patient then me! I would have passed his dumb **** a lot sooner!
Couldn't do that...I was gathering evidence I also instruct for the group, so I had to give him ample rope, err, opportunity for the point by. He took the rope.

Get notified of new replies

To Dave Murry track days?

Quick Reply: Dave Murry track days?