Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea what these things are worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Any idea what these things are worth?

I am putting together a marketing plan to sell the CFO on caging the C5Z. I am trying to find some offsetting credits to lessen the impact of the one big debit for the cage. I realize that ultimately, the market determines price, but what do you think I could reasonably get for these items, all are in excellent shape. No holes, tears, scratches, marring, etc.

C5 Sport Seat leather and foam (have pass throughs) on Z06 frames, including power drivers seat and manual passenger slider.

Brey-Krause Harness Bar, Lap-Belt Kit for clip-ins, and Floor mount extinguisher mount (all sold as a unit).

I am not looking for offers at this time as approval has not yet been granted. There may be a Furniture penalty I have to absorb as well...it is a negotiating tool.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Keith,
Who will you have do the cage? As far as selling the seats I am not sure of the price you will get. One thing you could try is to check the web for what new covers/foam are selling for and cut that in half and then add in 50% of the cost of the tracks. See how that works out for a starting price.

Bill
Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
hamdog
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sold my '98 full power seats (driver and passenger) with lumbar etc in 9 out of 10 condition for $600 about a year ago.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagvette
I am putting together a marketing plan to sell the CFO on caging the C5Z. I am trying to find some offsetting credits to lessen the impact of the one big debit for the cage. I realize that ultimately, the market determines price, but what do you think I could reasonably get for these items, all are in excellent shape. No holes, tears, scratches, marring, etc.

C5 Sport Seat leather and foam (have pass throughs) on Z06 frames, including power drivers seat and manual passenger slider.

Brey-Krause Harness Bar, Lap-Belt Kit for clip-ins, and Floor mount extinguisher mount (all sold as a unit).

I am not looking for offers at this time as approval has not yet been granted. There may be a Furniture penalty I have to absorb as well...it is a negotiating tool.
I would try for 1/2 retail on the Brey-Krause stuff. You can look up the prices.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hamdog
I sold my '98 full power seats (driver and passenger) with lumbar etc in 9 out of 10 condition for $600 about a year ago.
Sold my coupes 03 seats full power for $700 last year. also 9/10s condition.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best bet is to search the FS section and see what the market is. For reference however, I sold my excellent condition mod red z06 seats w/o sliders for $650 earlier this year. No power options or anything, just the seats.

just tell the CFO that is a matter of safety and that her 'employee' is her biggest asset.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

The seats were my concern...had no clue what they go for with the tracks. Sounds like not much more than without tracks. The Brey-Krause stuff would go quickly, sure it is used, but you would be pressed hard to distinguish it from new.

Bill,
If the marketing plan is approved, I would send the car to winter camp at Phoenix Performance.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlwaysInBoost

just tell the CFO that is a matter of safety and that her 'employee' is her biggest asset.
She is torn between my safety and the numbers on the life insurance policies
Old 09-17-2009, 08:46 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagvette
She is torn between my safety and the numbers on the life insurance policies
My wife told me before the cage goes in the Life Insurance Policy goes up to $2 million and the house gets pad down significantly.

I said Chit your getting all of it anyway if I go.

She gave me one of these

Opps
Old 09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A $2 million insurance policy would make me feel unsafe OFF the track

Get notified of new replies

To Any idea what these things are worth?

Quick Reply: Any idea what these things are worth?