Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Annual National Street Tire Challenge Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 PM
aseipos
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2nd Annual National Street Tire Challenge Autocross

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/solo/2010/nstc.html

This year we are offering Four classes:

All Wheel Drive, Front Wheel Drive, Rear Wheel Drive and Muscle Car for older muscle cars and resto-mods.

All cars run on their PAX index, other than the “ST” cars which will run on their Prepared PAX.

Bridgestone is putting up 2 sets of tires! A full set of RE-11's to the overall PAX winner and a second set of tires to a competitor drawn at random.

Special trophies for all four class winners.

Special commemorative t-shirts for all participants.

Camping available at very close by State Fair RV Park.

Lunch available for sale on site by Cousins Subs.

Event entries may need to be capped, so be sure to register on line and early.

Make a weekend out of it with your Dad for Fathers day and stay for Milwaukee Region SCCA Event# 4 on Sunday.

Last edited by aseipos; 02-24-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
66IISS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to sprint home after nationals last year to make this event (drove over night, got home at 3:30 AM so I could make it to the event) and even though I showed up a little late, I had a great time.

The weekend this year is much more attractive and should get some more folks out there to participate.

There were a lot of Corvettes there last year, me and my father were two of them. Competition was fierce, and it was interesting noting the difference in the various street tires on essentially the same car.

Milwaukee Region puts on a great event, I've been racing with them since I could drive and the events run seamlessly, last year we got something like 150 cars through 7 runs I believe by 4:00? My numbers are probably a little off, but we got a ton of cars through a great course with good success.

I'm excited to do it again, there's a normal Milwaukee Region event the next day that we'll have the BSP car at (took a C6 Z06 to the street tire event last year) that a ton of great drivers attend.

If you can make it, I highly recommend it. It was a great time and is really different than a lot of the "normal" SCCA events.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual National Street Tire Challenge Autocross