Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to F1 in China

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Going to F1 in China

So just got off a conference call with my China team.... Looks like I need to be in china on the 13th ... work with client for 2 days then have off till the 20th of .... all the work is about 1.4 hours out side of Shanghai I will have Thursday through Monday off.

But sure my bubble will be busted when i find all tickets are sold or I can not afford them lol..

got tickets ... section listed below .

Last edited by RaleighSS; 04-08-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't know to you ask, at least you can hear that high pitch whine of engines, the loudest continuing sound I've ever heard, it's fantastic
Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Don't think about it....don't wait....Just Go.

Here are some shots I took in the Ferrari Pits at a Clienti event in Italy to help get you in the mood.

Here is a shot taken from the pit wall
Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Very cool if you go. You will *never* forget the sound of an F1 engine. Not ever. Just amazing. And they don't make them use mufflers, either, so be sure to have ear plugs with you if that's an issue. The sound *will* hurt your ears if you are even remotely close.

That said, here is what Bernie Ecclestone's web site has as ticket pricing. Note that these are for all three days.

http://travel.wwte1.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=tsdt

It ain't cheap. This correlates well with Grand Prix Tours' grandstand B pricing for all three days of $675.

The crowds at the China race have been low the past few years so I don't imagine you'll have any problem getting a ticket at the gate. I'd be REALLY wary of scalpers, though

Try to make it happen if you can as everyone who's a car nut should see (and hear!) proper F1 racing once in their lives!

Z//

edit: I just tried that link and it doesn't work but if you start from where it takes you, you can select "race tickets" and you'll get to the same place.

Last edited by Zoxxo; 04-06-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Very cool if you go. You will *never* forget the sound of an F1 engine. Not ever. Just amazing. And they don't make them use mufflers, either, so be sure to have ear plugs with you if that's an issue. The sound *will* hurt your ears if you are even remotely close.

That said, here is what Bernie Ecclestone's web site has as ticket pricing. Note that these are for all three days.

http://travel.wwte1.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=tsdt

It ain't cheap. This correlates well with Grand Prix Tours' grandstand B pricing for all three days of $675.

The crowds at the China race have been low the past few years so I don't imagine you'll have any problem getting a ticket at the gate. I'd be REALLY wary of scalpers, though

Try to make it happen if you can as everyone who's a car nut should see (and hear!) proper F1 racing once in their lives!

Z//
that site looks cool for tickets .... gonna have to figure it out
Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Make sure you fly Cathay Pacific. Best carrier that flies to Asia. Period.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Come on Paul. Expense those tickets
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
so be sure to have ear plugs with you if that's an issue. The sound *will* hurt your ears if you are even remotely close.

When we went to F1 in Montreal in '01 (V10 era) I just could not frickin believe how ear splitting loud those things were. I have been to NASCAR/Indycar, etc, nothing like that. For practice/qualy we tore up dollars bills and stuffed them in our ears, then went to wally world that night for ear plugs for the sunday race.

We sat on a hill 25' from the track. Even with the plugs they are ear splitting loud, they scream like nothing you've ever heard.

You ain't lived till you've watched an F1 car brake in person If they had catch hooks on the backs of the cars and cables on the track, I don't think they could get 'em stopped any quicker.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by drivinhard

When we went to F1 in Montreal in '01 (V10 era) I just could not frickin believe how ear splitting loud those things were. I have been to NASCAR/Indycar, etc, nothing like that. For practice/qualy we tore up dollars bills and stuffed them in our ears, then went to wally world that night for ear plugs for the sunday race.

We sat on a hill 25' from the track. Even with the plugs they are ear splitting loud, they scream like nothing you've ever heard.

Wow did not know that .... I will take my shooting ear muffs with me Thanks for the tip
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have fun be safe! Take pictures to post here.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by drivinhard

You ain't lived till you've watched an F1 car brake in person If they had catch hooks on the backs of the cars and cables on the track, I don't think they could get 'em stopped any quicker.
Here is a couple shots to help show why they are so loud and brake so well. Not much for exhaust...and check out the size of those carbon brakes

And here is the answer to the question (that hasn't been asked)....How many Ferrari team members does it take to start a Ferrari F1 car? The answer is 6. (there is one more off screen operating the computer)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
when i find all tickets are sold or I can not afford them lol...
china F1 is a ghost town, you will have no problems getting tickets. they sure are expensive though.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Make sure you fly Cathay Pacific. Best carrier that flies to Asia. Period.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
china F1 is a ghost town, you will have no problems getting tickets. they sure are expensive though.
Well SOMEBODY has to pay for Bernie's divorce lawyer. You sure as heck know that it won't be Bernie!

Z//
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Radguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
Don't think about it....don't wait....Just Go.

Here are some shots I took in the Ferrari Pits at a Clienti event in Italy to help get you in the mood.

Here is a shot taken from the pit wall
So Charley,
If you were at a Clienti event in Italy, that must mean that you own a Ferrari ?

Beautiful pics BTW. THAT must have been something to see!!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Awesome - good for you. I'll make my first Grand-Am and ALMS races this year, but F1 is off in the future a ways.

Have a great time, take a camera, and share pics and stories when you get back!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Radguy
So Charley,
If you were at a Clienti event in Italy, that must mean that you own a Ferrari ?

Beautiful pics BTW. THAT must have been something to see!!
I don't have one yet...but, hopefully soon. One of my good friends is an F1 Clienti owner/driver. I went with him to the Ferrari world finals and he got me a private tour of the Ferrari factory. It was great touring the factory and hanging out in the Ferrari pits for the race weekend. I met some great people. My friend told me that the next time we go he is going to arrange for me to drive one of his Ferraris (not the F1, I don't fit) on Fiorano which is Ferrari's test track inside of the factory. I am going to hold him to that offer

Get notified of new replies

To Going to F1 in China

Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

You're going to love it
Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

I am in section B .... $187.00 dont worry bout the square in the photo... that was another section that I did not choose...

Last edited by RaleighSS; 04-08-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Guess there is better spots but hopefully I can walk around to different sections to see each corner ....

Quick Reply: Going to F1 in China