Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody else have new GM slave cyl. come aprt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default anybody else have new GM slave cyl. come aprt?

Put new clutch in 1 HPDE ago and on the last session it appears that the bearing in the new GM slave blew up or fell apart causing oil leaking everywhere. Anybody else have that problem?
The only supplier for this is GM I believe and I'm wincing as I put it new one which came from same dealer with essentially the same part.
All I can think of is GM buying chinese bearings?? Had to return slave to dealer to get warranteed, otherwise I would have liked to do have done a more closer exam.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97coupechuck
Put new clutch in 1 HPDE ago and on the last session it appears that the bearing in the new GM slave blew up or fell apart causing oil leaking everywhere. Anybody else have that problem?
The only supplier for this is GM I believe and I'm wincing as I put it new one which came from same dealer with essentially the same part.
All I can think of is GM buying chinese bearings?? Had to return slave to dealer to get warranteed, otherwise I would have liked to do have done a more closer exam.
Few years ago GM told suppliers to get as much as they can from China and reduce prices. I had two C5 diffs go bad with less than 500 miles and all street use when breaking them in on the street. They were howling tuner ended up drilling a hole to return the oil cooler line on top of one so I had to eat it.

Quick Reply: anybody else have new GM slave cyl. come aprt?